Robin Trust is a registered NPO (based on a Christian ethos) offering health care and related services, located in the Oude Molen Eco Village, Pinelands, Cape Town. We provide sub-acute hospitalisation, frail and dementia (Alzheimer’s) residential care, training to both home based carers and nurses as well as community health care services through our “Community care @ home” programme.
Robin Trust seeks to appoint a bookeeper to be based in Cape Town.
Reports to: Directly to the Finance Manager
and is responsible for meeting the needs of managers, employees, students and the Trustees through the management and co-ordination of all Robin Trust activities in line with the strategic and operational objectives
We welcome applications from all who qualify for the post of: Bookkeeper
- Preparing and communicating monthly and annual financial statements and other reports as required
- Maintain Fixed Asset Register
- Manage and supervision of Debtors Clerk and Creditors Clerk
- Reconciling all creditors, debtors and petty cash accounts
- General Ledger and intercompany loan reconciliations
- Process journal entries
- Maintain internal control systems and identify weaknesses and recommend improvements
- Full salaries and wages administration, completion and submission of all third party and statutory returns
- Ensuring that VAT reconciliations are completed and the necessary returns submitted timeously
- Budget preparation in conjunction with the Financial Manager
- Coordinating all audit activities
- Ensuring that Finance and Administration team performance is monitored and managed
- Control of and reporting on Robin Trust bursary scheme
- Overall management responsibility and accountability for:
- Repairs and maintenance
- Any adhoc tasks required to assist the Financial Manager
- To be considered for the role, you’ll need the following:
- Diploma in Finance
- 8 years bookkeeping experience up to Balance Sheet/Trial Balance
- Advanced knowledge of Sage Evolution and MS Excel
- Sage VIP knowledge
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal.
- Honesty and Integrity
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Strong Work Ethic
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Robin Trust is a fast-growing Christian NPO established in 1993. Its motto is “ care brings hope” and it seeks to promote empowerment and wellbeing in marginalized communities. We are an employment equity employer.
They offer a competitive salary and pension fund, pleasant working environment with (free) on-site parking, and the satisfaction of being part of a small highly-committed management team.
Should you wish to be considered for this role, please submit your CV to: email@example.com or fax it to 021 447 1564.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Further correspondence will only be entered into with candidates under consideration for the roles. Should you not hear back from us within 10 days of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
For more about Robin Trust, refer to www.robintrust.com
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies