THINK TB & HIV Investigative Network
THINK seeks to appoint 4 Outreach Officers, on a Fixed term contract of 12 months.
Starting date: 1 February 2020
Location: 1 Outreach Officer based at THINK Doris Goodwin, Pietermaritzburg and 3 mobile Outreach Officers to support sub district clinics in uMgungundlovu, KwaZulu-Natal Province
THINK is a non-profit organisation dedicated to improving the lives of those affected by TB and HIV. As a health delivery and research organisation, THINK engages with the local community, government consortia, and international funders to provide care for over 100,000 people in KwaZulu-Natal and carry out cutting-edge clinical research that has already contributed to changing treatment guidelines internationally and locally.
THINK is looking for 4 qualified Outreach Officers to support the implementation of the THINK USAID project (SIYENZA) in uMgungundlovu district. The aim of the project is to safeguard advances of TB treatment by strengthening the MDR TB health care platform in the district.
Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Work closely with DOH clinics, WBOTs and CCGs to trace and link to care all DR patients in area of responsibility
- Support WBOTS and DOH tracing teams to ensure contract tracing and screening is carried out on DR patient household and workplaces
- Provide DOT support to patients and families through engagement with WBOTs and CCGs
- Monitor and coordinate drug adherence via home visits and frequent contact with treatment supporters
- Perform administrative duties such as providing intervention data and resolving data queries
- Provide necessary information to the THINK Linkage Officers for maintenance of online application (CATT)
- When needed assist with transportation of patients and any other driving requirements
- Perform other duties as required
- Enrolled nurse with two years’ work experience
- Good Knowledge of TB and DR TB and experience as a community health facilitator will be advantageous
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with stakeholders and clients
- Good verbal communication skills and good computer/IT skills
- Valid Code 08 Drivers licence
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for appointment soonest. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date.
THINK reserves the right in special circumstances to accept late applications or to extend the above date in order to facilitate further searches.
Furthermore, THINK reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Internal applicants will get preference for shortlisting.
THINK is unable to provide reallocation assistance.
Applications are only accepted if received via the online portal found at: https://www.think.org.za/contact/jobs/