THINK TB & HIV Investigative Network
THINK seeks to appoint 2 Linkage Officers on a Fixed term contract of 12 months to be based in THINK_ Doris Goodwin Hospital, Pietermaritzburg.
Start date: 1 February 2020
THINK is a non-profit organisation dedicated to improving the lives of those affected by TB and HIV. As a health delivery and research organisation, THINK engages with the local community, government consortia, and international funders to provide care for over 100,000 people in KwaZulu-Natal and carry out cutting-edge clinical research that has already contributed to changing treatment guidelines internationally and locally.
THINK is looking for two qualified Linkage Officers to support the implementation of the THINK USAID project (SIYENZA) in uMgungundlovu district. The aim of the project is to safeguard advances of TB treatment by strengthening the MDR TB health care platform in the district. The Linkage Officers will be based at Doris Goodwin Hospital and report to the THINK District Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Manage and enter data into the THINK online application system to support systematic tracking and monitoring of MDR TB patients in uMgungundlovu District
- Daily retrieval and dissemination of NHLS MDR TB results to relevant health care facilities
- Tracking of patient management information throughout patient treatment period
- Daily communication with hospital staff, health care facilities and THINK programme staff to ensure efficient and timely linkage to care and adherence support is provided to all patients
- Develop and support efficient communication systems between the hospital, clinics and outreach teams
- Support health care facilities and outreach teams to ensure contact tracing is being implemented
- Strengthen linkage to care for patients between the DOH Hospital, clinics and outreach teams.
- Monitor and support the implementation of the Enhanced Adherence intervention
- Perform other duties as required
- Matric with tertiary qualification in health care activities or enrolled nursing certificate
- Strong IT skills with knowledge of MS Office software packages
- Knowledge of TB and DR TB
- Experience in community health programmes and working with DOH health care facilities
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with stakeholders and clients
- Good verbal communication skills
- Valid Code 08 Drivers licence
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for appointment soonest. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date. THINK reserves the right in special circumstances to accept late applications or to extend the above date in order to facilitate further searches. Furthermore, THINK reserves the right not to make an appointment. Internal applicants will get preference for shortlisting. THINK is unable to provide reallocation assistance.
Applications are only accepted if received via the online portal found at: