THINK TB & HIV Investigative Network
THINK seeks to appiont 2 Adherence Counsellors for a Fixed term Contract of 12 months to be based in THINK_ Doris Goodwin Hospital, Pietermaritzburg
Starting date: 1 February 2020
THINK is a non-profit organisation dedicated to improving the lives of those affected by TB and HIV. As a health delivery and research organisation, THINK engages with the local community, government consortia, and international funders to provide care for over 100,000 people in KwaZulu-Natal and carry out cutting-edge clinical research that has already contributed to changing treatment guidelines internationally and locally.
THINK is looking for two qualified Adherence Counsellors to support the implementation of the THINK USAID project (SIYENZA) in uMgungundlovu district. The aim of the project is to safeguard advances of TB treatment by strengthening the MDR TB health care platform in the district. The Adherence Counsellors will be based at Doris Goodwin Hospital.
Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Provide Enhanced Adherence Counselling to DR patients initiated on DR treatment
- Ensure patients are linked to necessary support structures.
- Develop individualised Enhanced Adherence plans for DR patients
- Assist patients to understand their treatment and its challenges
- Prepare clients/patients to initiate treatment
- Provide ongoing support for clients/patients to adhere to treatment over the long term
- Help clients/patients develop good treatment-taking behaviour
- Provide information to the programme Linkage Officers to ensure all information is captured into the THINK on line data application system
- Perform other duties as required
- Enrolled Nurse with two years’ work experience
- HIV and Aids counselling certificates
- Knowledge of TB and DR TB
- Experience as a community health facilitator will be advantageous
- Possess good knowledge of HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with stakeholders and clients
- Good verbal communication skills
- Valid Code 08 Drivers licence
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for appointment soonest. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date. THINK reserves the right in special circumstances to accept late applications or to extend the above date in order to facilitate further searches. Furthermore, THINK reserves the right not to make an appointment. Internal applicants will get preference for shortlisting. THINK is unable to provide reallocation assistance.
Applications are only accepted if received via the online portal found at: https://www.think.org.za/contact/jobs/