Healthy Talk comprises a team of researchers who aim to propose, empirically evaluate, and develop an appropriate strategy to improve communication for healthcare professionals in South Africa. This innovative interdisciplinary project aims to propose and empirically evaluate strategies to overcome language and cultural barriers in the provision of HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Diabetes healthcare in South Africa, in close collaboration with key local actors. This research is funded by VLIR-UOS under their health theme, and forms part of a collaborative project between Rhodes University and KU Leuven (Belgium). As such all resources and training will be free of charge to partnered healthcare sites.
We create resources and training programmes and we are currently looking for healthcare sites to partner with.
Find out more about us on our website: healthytalk.co.za
Opportunities offered by Healthy Talk
Healthy Talk’s researchers will listen to your needs, create an appropriate training workshop and supporting materials tailored to your needs, and deliver this at your healthcare site. You will receive:
- Training to improve inter- and intra-cultural communication
- Printed materials (e.g. charts, handbooks…)
- Digital materials with long-term access (e.g. videos, online materials…)
Responsibilities of the partner healthcare site
In order to be part of this project, our researchers will need access to:
- Healthcare site management for interviews
- Health service providers for interviews and training
- Patients for interviews
- Private room for one-on-one interviews
- Space for training workshops
Ethical clearance has been granted by the Rhodes University Ethical Standards Committee and the Eastern Cape Department of Health.
Six healthcare facilities will be selected to participate in this project. This opportunity is open to all healthcare facilities, including clinics, community healthcare centres, NGOs etc.
In order to be consider for this opportunity, your healthcare facility or organisation should:
- Provide HIV/AIDS, TB and/or Diabetes services
- Be located in the Eastern Cape
- Be available for training and interviews with healthcare providers and patients from January to July 2020.
How to apply
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Why you are interested in this project
- Indicate how long you’ve been running for
- A brief description of the services you provide
- Any additional information about your healthcare facility, e.g. website, press etc.
Please feel free to contact us if you would like any further information.
For more about Healthy Talk, refer to http://www.healthtalk.org/
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to http://www.ngopulse.org/opportunities