mothers2mothers (m2m) is an Africa-based NGO that unlocks the potential of women to eliminate paediatric AIDS and create healthy families across eight sub-Saharan African countries. m2m trains, employs, and helps empower HIV-positive women to work as community healthcare workers in understaffed health centres and underserved communities. Through a peer-to-peer approach, these ‘Mentor Mothers’ deliver a range of health services, advice, and support to women and their families. Started in Cape Town, South Africa in 2001 with an initial focus on preventing mother-to-child transmission of HIV, m2m has innovated and built on its strengths and now provides family-centred support for a range of related health and social issues spanning pregnancy, birth, childhood, and adolescence. It also partners with governments and other NGOs on the adoption of its programme to spread the Mentor Mother Model and its benefits. m2m has a track record of scaling its services and proven impact. To date, m2m has reached over 11M women and children under two, and created more than 10,000 jobs for African women living with HIV. For more, visit www.m2m.org.
The position is based at our head office in Cape Town and reports to the Finance Manager –General Accounting. The Intern will be working with the Finance Team with a special focus on finance related support.
Key Performance Areas:
- Provide financial administrative support to the Finance General accounting unit
- Assist with Customers & Supplier maintenance
- Conduct checks on purchase requisitions for completeness
- Assist with annual verification of assets and supplier lists
- Collaborate with finance officers on maintenance of country trial balance
- Assist with preparation of year end audit schedule as well as assisting with managing filing system
- Be part of the month end close process.
- Assist the General accounting department with processing of purchase requisition and purchase orders
- Assist with General ledger reconciliations as assigned.
- Coordinate adhoc General accounting projects as assigned
Qualifications and experience:
- Recent graduate
- Relevant degree or post graduate qualification
- Finance or General Accounting specialisation
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Fluency in English essential
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and ability to handle confidential matters in a professional and ethical manner
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills
- Planning and organising
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to take initiative
- A passion for the m2m vision and values
mothers2mothers is an equal opportunity employer. We particularly encourage applications from people living with HIV and AIDS (PLWHA), people with disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged people.
Competitive salary packages will be negotiable in accordance with m2m’s remuneration policies.
Interested applicants should apply for this position via https://www.m2m.org/careers/ by 31 October 2019.