Family Health International (FHI 360)
FHI 360 is seeking applications for the position of Program Manager for the EpiC project in South Africa.
Job ID: 2019202006 Epic Program Manager
The Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC) is a five-year global project funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), is dedicated to achieving and maintaining HIV epidemic control. The project provides strategic technical assistance (TA) and direct service delivery (DSD) to break through barriers to 95-95-95 and promote self-reliant management of national HIV programs by improving HIV case-finding, prevention, and treatment programming.
In South Africa, EpiC will be implementing a voluntary medical male circumcision (VMMC) service delivery project which aims to reduce HIV infections through targeted provision of VMMC in pursuit of reaching 95-95-95 goals. To achieve this goal, the program will increase demand for and provide high quality, high volume cost-efficient VMMC services in South Africa, coordinate with USAID’s Global Health Supply Chain implementing partner and support the transition of direct VMMC service delivery to the Government of South Africa.
The Program Manager will provide management support for program implementation. S/he will provide management and quality assurance support to the project and ensure successful implementation of the work plan and achievement of the project’s targets and goals within budget. S/he will support the development of deliverables and reports for the program and ensure timely, quality submissions. S/he will identify and support potential technical assistance needs to improve programming. S/he will coordinate with program team members in country and globally to ensure appropriate stakeholders are kept abreast of progress. The Program Manager will provide management support and guidance to the two implementing partners in South Africa and liaise with South Africa based stakeholders as required by the program.
The following are the minimum qualifications required for the position:
- A bachelor’s degree in management, international development, public health policy, or a related field, masters preferred;
- Five to eight years of experience in program management for multi-year international health sector development projects that have implemented successful activities in areas such as HIV prevention, care and treatment especially VMMC, preferably in South Africa;
- Experience managing US Government funding, preferably PEPFAR funding programming;
- Demonstrated experience working independently with initiative to manage high volume work flow, being responsive to partners and donors, and troubleshooting issues;
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain productive working relationships with a wide network of partners and stakeholders; and
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and a proven ability to communicate with a diverse range of partners.
The position will ideally be based in Pretoria, South Africa and work out of the FHI 360 office. Preference is for South African nationals or expatriate professionals already residing in South Africa.
- Interested candidates may submit their resume together with a motivational cover letter indicating the position and location for which you are applying for, to http://www.fhi360.org/careers.
- This job advert summarizes the main duties and requirements of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties.