Hand in Hand
Hand in Hand Southern Africa (HiHSA) is an NGO with a vision of reducing poverty through job creation. HiHSA is looking for business advisors/trainers to work with start-ups, family-based, micro to medium enterprises as well as unemployed youth in different project areas. They are recruiting for Livelihoods project in Gauteng (Johannesburg and Pretoria), KZN (Durban).
HiHSA seeks to appoint a Business Advisor / Trainer to be based in South Africa.
Mobilise, screen and select the right candidates for the Hand in hand project based on agreed selection criteria
Assess and profile project beneficiaries and conduct business diagnostic assessments and develop prioritised business level action plans
- Provide training and other capacity building activities to beneficiaries in six ILO Improve Your Business Manuals and other training materials deemed necessary for the project
- Offer training programs appropriate to the skills needed by the participants and follow-up activities.
- Ensure the content of training activities are localized to meet programme objectives and targets
- Keep a record of all training sessions (One on One, Workshops) and visits in a trainer file including signed attendance registers
- Prepare the learning environment and resources and deliver ILO training programs and support participants (One on one, Group training and Conferences)
- Amend and revise training plans as necessary, in order to adapt to changes occurring in the field
- Render post training support to supported micro entrepreneurs based on evidence based action plans,
- Assist entrepreneurs in developing and implementing their business growth plans
- Facilitate access to business development services (BDS) not covered by the programme such as technical skills and funding.
- Keep up-to-date on industry developments, locally and globally, in terms of markets, competition, technology, etc.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of training programs
- Identify appropriate links and networks that will contribute to the growth and development of the beneficiaries
- Compile beneficiary data files and their maintenance to assist with monitoring and verification of the same.
- Compile local level, monthly, quarterly and annual reports for the Project Manager.
- Compilation of local level case studies, photographs and relevant consent forms
- Stakeholder management at local level
- Manage project risks at local level.
- Bachelors’ degree in Entrepreneurship, Agricultural/Economics, Accounting, Finance, Banking, Business Administration, Business Management or any relevant business qualifications,Enterprise Development, Business Advising
- ILO Certification in SIYB entrepreneur modules is an added advantage:
- Facilitation of skills development sessions a must
- Experience in mentoring and/ or adult business training preferred
- Proven ability to develop and evaluate business plans
- Ability to quickly grasp the financial health and business needs of a company including developing and evaluating financial statements of a business
- Membership of the Institute of Business Advisors (IBASA) is a requirement.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; excellent oral and written communication skills
- PC computer skills in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required
To apply, submit your CV and cover letter detailing how your knowledge, skills and abilities are a direct match for the qualifications listed to email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
If you do not hear from us after one week of closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
For more about Hand in Hand Southern Africa, refer to www.hihand.org
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies