JAM South Africa
Joint Aid Management (JAM) is a South African founded humanitarian non-profit organisation that works to empower Africans to create better lives for themselves.
JAM seeks to appoint an Accountant to be based in South Africa.
The primary purpose of this position is for reviewing and processing financial information, maintaining accounting records, assist with monthly financial reporting and reconciliations. Manage Petty cash, Bidvest credit cards, Staff Cashing-ins, Creditors Accounts, Accruals and support management in order to achieve set objectives and goals.
Cash ,Bank and Petty cash (5%)
- Capture financial transactions into cashbooks on a monthly basis and maintain adequate records of this and ensure accurate data coding based on JAM Chart of Accounts (COA)
- Prepare Bank Reconciliation for cash books and track any outstanding bank recon items
- Liaise with banks and carry out necessary administration to petty cash monies and coordinate banking of marketing fundraising income
- Manage the local rand and foreign petty cash fund, prepare disbursement vouchers to replenish imprest account and issue cash out
- Prepare disbursement vouchers to replenish Bidvest Bank Account for staff credit card facility
- Run Monthly bank account statements ad ensure no anomalies with bank items
- Data Processing (35%)
- Prepare journals for all data for financial reporting and post transactions into Sunsystem and ensure completeness of documents and ensure compliance with COA coding
- Monthly accruals and creditors are captured to reflect correct obligations by creditor and expenditure levels.
- Keep up-to-date on documents that have a bearing on financial administrative matters, ensuring compliance as with organizational policies and procedures
- File and archive documentation as required. Maintain the necessary good filing system
- Weekly and monthly Data Account Allocations on financial information posted in Sunsystem to ensure correct funding sources, expense codes and accounting principles
- Financial Reporting (15%)
- Prepare monthly financial reports for short term projects such as:
- Monthly Makeovers Projects Reports and reconciliations for new and ongoing projects
- Progressive reconciliations of Makeover Feeding Reports as per donor requirements
- Staff Advance Account monthly reports
- Run Vision excel staff advance statements and send out to each staff advances
- Bank Reconciliations for Bidvest and Makeover Accounts
- Other balance Sheet accounts reconciliation as assigned by Financial Controller
- Staff Accounts and Bidvest Credit Card Management (20%)
- Receive , review process monthly staff Bidvest Credit card advance requests ensuring all previous advances are cleared before issuing fresh ones
- Process the cash requests on Bidvest online system and submit for approval
- Receive, review and process monthly Bidvest Credit card expense cashing- ins
- Raise queries for policy noncompliance, adequacy of backup documents and resolving issues with each staff and programs department
- Respond to queries from staff members and third parties with regards business advances
- Run monthly Statements for individual Bidvest staff accounts and emailing to each staff
- Ensure monthly credit card cash balances are reasonable for regional office petty cash needs before next replenishments.
- Creditors and Accruals (10%)
- Monthly capturing of Accounts Payables to ensure all expenses incurred in the accounting for the month are accrued into accounting systems
- Reconcile Accruals and Suppliers Accounts and resolve queries with Administration
- Ensuring all accruals are cleared in the month proceeding reporting and at year end ensure all suppliers obligations incurred are recognised before closure of books
- Scrutinize source documents for completeness, accuracy and validity of charges
- Investigate errors and take appropriate corrective accounting actions.
- Budgets, Audits and Year end (5%)
- Assist with preparation of budget schedules , analyse spending pattern and compile account projections, audit preparation and process as well as yearend processes
- Other duties (5%)
- Performing other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Provide ongoing support to staff on financial matters or transactions
- Work implies frequent interaction with all JAM Departments & staff members
- Work collaboratively with team members.
- Accounting diploma such as ACCA, CIMA or any finance related qualification. Accounting/Finance degree is an added advantage.
- At least 2 years of solid bookkeeping /accounting work experience.
- Experience with NGO work or operations
- Experience with working with accounting packages such as Sunsystem v6
- Skills /Competencies:
- Must have the ability to organize/schedule work effectively, handle multiple tasks and to work well under time constraints
- Honest & trustworthy and diligence
- Highly motivated and energetic, with a drive and sense of urgency
- Must follow the Christian Faith and be committed to upholding Christian values and the reputation of the organisation as a Christian organisation
- Thorough knowledge in the use and application of the financial procedures, accounting policies and practices.
- Ability to extract, interpret, analyze and format data. Demonstrated use of initiative and ability to make appropriate linkages in work processes and anticipate next steps. Familiarity with the department’s operations and objectives.
- Ability to work under pressure and cope with deadlines
- Proficiency in Excel, Vision excel, Sunsystem, Word and Power point
To Apply send your CV to: email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Should you not receive feedback within 2 weeks please consider your application unsuccessful.
For more about JAM International, refer to www.jamint.com
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies