Grassroot Soccer SA (GRS SA)
GRS SA seeks to appoint a Programme Manager - CDC/TB HIV Care Subgrant / Men 2 Men, starting in November 1st, 2019 and ends in September 30th 2020
Supervisor: Senior Programme Manager
Grassroot Soccer SA (GRS SA) is appointing a Programme Manager that will be responsible for the overall management and implementation of the CDC (Centre for Disease Control & Prevention) funded programme as a sub-grantee to TB HIV Care - with specific focus on working with men (20 years of age and older) across 5 Cape Town Metro sub-districts. These being, Klipfontein, Khayelitsha, Western, Eastern and Northern Tygerberg.
The programme implementation will center around the delivery of the Men 2 Men Curriculum within the 5 Cape Town sub-districts.
The main focus of the role will be to set up, implement & manage this new and exciting programme within GRS SA with the support of the Senior Programme Manager responsible for modified direct programming. It will be the responsibility of the Programme Manager to develop a strong programme design and linked workplans to ensure effective implementation, establishing a strong and motivated team, daily management and support of said team, supporting the mobilization of participants, ensuring the training of the core team of 5 Peer Educators, the roll-out of evidence based-curricula (Men 2 Men), excellent data management and to ensure targets are met during the contract period, with emphasis on daily programme delivery support, overall daily coordination of activities, target tracking and hands-on supervision and guidance of the team.
The role also includes close and effective liaison with the Senior Programme Manager, GRS M&E Department, GRS Finance Department & our funding partner – including all relevant departments as needed. The role requires an assertive and detail orientated supervision & management approach in terms of running with- and strengthening existing strategies to reach the programme objectives and targets, and at the same time laying a strong foundation for potential future roll-out and expansion.
- Lead the project’s work planning and quarterly reporting.
- Accountable for execution of the project and ensuring the project meets its targets and deliverables.
- Manage, supervise and provide support the programme staff on a daily basis in a way that they are treated as valued individuals within the team at ALL times,
- Work with Senior Programme Manager and Senior Finance & Operations Director to ensure programme spending is in accordance with the agreed budget (this includes scrutinizing the monthly programme expenditures).
- Work with Senior M&E Manager and dedicated M&E support to ensure data is forwarded in a timely manner from the field, ensuring that the programmes staff are working in a coordinated manner to ensure M&E / data requirements are met at all times.
- Ensuring that all training and support needs are met for the implementing team of Peer Educators on an ongoing basis and that it is done in a pro-active manner and with responsiveness when needed.
REQUIRED, KEY PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE & QAULIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher.
- 5+ years’ experience managing health/community development programmes focusing on HiV Prevention, Voluntary Male Medical Circumcision, HIV Testing Services & Gender-Based-Violence prevention.
- Working knowledge and experience working in listed communities within Cape Town, Western Cape.
- Experience working on USAID- or CDC-funded programmes advantageous.
- Experience with programmes specifically working with men will be highly advantageous.
- Strong management, interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills for managing programmes across various districts and staff / volunteers / partners.
- Excellent verbal communication and relational skills, especially in a cross-cultural environment, and ability to analyze and solve problems, persuade, network and negotiate.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines, effectively managing multiple priorities within a short time-frame.
- Ability to work under pressure in an assertive yet patient & supporting manner.
- Able to balance overall strategic & management duties with day-to-day support and hand-on coordination of field staff.
To apply, please submit a CV (max 3 pages and with contactable references) and 1 page cover letter addressed to:
Email email@example.com & ……………….
with the email subject line; GRS-TBHIV Care Programme Manager
Applications close on Friday 25 October 2019. If you do not hear from us by Friday November 1st 2019, please consider your application unsuccessful.