Deloitte Consulting Overseas Projects LLC
Deloitte Consulting Overseas Projects LLC seeks individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people in the Southern African region and demonstrate leadership, versatility and integrity in their work. We are seeking exceptional Pretoria-based candidates for a Fixed Term Employment for the USAID Southern Africa Energy Program.
The USAID Southern Africa Energy Program works to advance energy policy and regulatory reform, and accelerate investment to increase power generation and access to electricity throughout the region. According to World Bank data, less than 25% of the non-South African population living in the Southern African region have access to electric power. The limited reliable power affects the competitiveness of Southern African industry, agriculture, and the economic opportunity and health conditions for rural populations, women, and youth. Through strengthening the enabling environment and facilitating public and private transactions, SAEP leverages the momentum of private investment to help focus SAEP’s resources in ways that best support the reform of national and regional energy ecosystems. At the same time, SAEP produces the tangible results needed to create a sustainable cycle of additional reforms, increased investment and continued political will.
The Finance Assistant will support the finance and operations department with standard fiscal operating procedures linked to: record keeping, preparation of the monthly expense, processing of travel and general procurement related invoices, claims and advances. S/he shall conduct general administrative functions as requested in support of the maintenance of an updated and easily accessible filing system. The Finance Assistant will report to the Finance Manager.
- Work closely with the Finance Assistant to ensure smooth operation of all finance matters;
- Collecting and reviewing supporting documentation for expenses for expenses and checking for completeness and compliance;
- Accurately record the financial transactions into the Pastel accounting system:
- Prepare the Purchase Requests and Disbursement forms for payments;
- Review all accounting records for accuracy and legitimacy;
- Verify that the transactions are recorded in the correct books (cash book – RAND, USD and Petty Cash, supplier’s ledger, customers ledger and the general ledger) according to the chat of accounts;
- Bring the books to the trail balance
- Prepare monthly Audit file for review by the Finance Manager. Ensure that appropriate documentation and approvals are obtained in accordance with Deloitte and USAID finance and procurement policies;
- Maintain the programs accounting file system and ensure all payments are in order, completed properly and have proof of payments attached to each payment;
- Assist with processing of monthly invoices and reconciliations of vendor accounts and sending of payment confirmations to vendors;
- Maintains records and file all payment documents in electronic format.
- Assist with reviewing the employees travel expense reports and prepare the appropriate documentation and that all travel procedures are followed;
- Assist with the general account’s administration – filing, photocopying and scanning of all financial transactions;
- Assist with VAT claims preparations;
- Assist with end of year preparation and audit preparations;
- Conduct periodic internal reviews or audits to ensure that compliance procedures in financial areas are followed; and
- Assist with identifying compliance issues that require follow-up.
Minimum Skill, Education & Experience:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance or bookkeeping or equivalent experience;
- Minimum of 1 to 3 year’s working experience as a finance/account’s assistant or bookkeeper;
- Proven proficiency with finance software packages (Pastel accounting);
- Ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records;
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and high proficiency in Microsoft office;
- Ability to file statutory returns (VAT, EMP201, EMP501);
- Strong individual initiative, including the ability to manage daily activities and achieve expected results with minimal oversight;
- Data entry skills and ability to spot numerical errors;
- Strong written and verbal skills;
- Exceptional attention to detail required;
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment;
- Accurate, meticulous and trustworthy;
- Willingness to work long hours during month ends;
- Strong interpersonal skills and strong professional ethics;
- Must be self-motivated, innovative and able to work under time tight constraints; and
- Prior experience on a USAID-funded program will be an added advantage.
NOTE: No relocation cost will be covered by Deloitte Consulting Overseas Projects LLC or the USAID Southern Africa Energy Program (SAEP).
Please send a cover letter and a CV (PDF or word format) that includes contact information and three references to email@example.com by COB Friday, 25 October 2019. Please include the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email. No telephone inquiries. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deloitte Consulting Overseas Project LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, or protected veteran status, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.