Society for Family Health (SFH)
Society for Family Health (SFH) is a South African affiliate of Population Services International (PSI), an international NGO network operational in over 70 countries. SFH in South Africa concentrates on issues of HIV/ AIDS. As part of their HIV/AIDS control efforts, SFH is using social marketing to motivate behaviour change with respect to consistent condom use, HIV testing and other safer behaviours.
Title : Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant (2)
Department : Medical Programs- VMMC
Location : uMgungundlovu and Harry Gwala KZN
Employment status : Fixed Term Contract
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Track and manage the flow of data at site level
- Ensure correct versions of data collection tools are available on-site.
- Provide training and mentoring on completion of all data collection tools, registers
- Review data collection forms and/ or source data for completeness, accuracy and consistency
- Capture paper data collection forms into the electronic database
- Perform data verification on data before entry into the database
- Provide training and mentoring on data management systems
- Identify/resolve data discrepancies by monitoring data (review data listings, perform manual checks and reviewing output in files).
- Handle and resolve both internal at site level
- Provide first line IT support.
- Support and mentor the data collection staff and capture data onto DHIS2 or provided database
- Ensures all data is handled and stored securely
- Adheres to all data management SOP’s, guidelines and confidential agreement
- Ensures data triangulation at site level
- Tracks and ensures all major programme indicators are being collected
- Provide first line support to partners data collection and reporting requirement
General Data Administration:
- Filing and tracking of all data tools received
- Create and maintain all data management files and appropriate documentation
- Filing and management of all queries received electronically
- Complete daily/weekly/monthly reports to keep record of the work done and forward monthly statistics to relevant role players
- Degree in Health Sciences, Social Sciences, Statistics or Health Information Sciences
- Experience working in the HIV AIDS and STI programme data as well as information management background
How to Apply
Please send your full application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 October 2019. All application submissions will be reviewed and considered, only the most qualified candidates will be short listed and contacted for interviews. SFH is an equal opportunity employer.