Society for Family Health (SFH)
Society for Family Health (SFH) is a South African affiliate of Population Services International (PSI), an international NGO network operational in over 70 countries. SFH in South Africa concentrates on issues of HIV/ AIDS. As part of their HIV/AIDS control efforts, SFH is using social marketing to motivate behaviour change with respect to consistent condom use, HIV testing and other safer behaviours.
Department : Medical Programs- VMMC
Employment status : Fixed Term Contract
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Formulates a detailed implementation plan for each district in his/ her jurisdiction and consolidate these into one provincial plan in liaison with PDOH to guide service delivery, demand creation, training, quality assurance, logistics and other aspects of the VMMC program.
- Plans with IPC and School Health Coordinators and Site Managers on appropriate District specific demand creation activities and service delivery alignment.
- Plans for proper service delivery models that are efficient and enable each district to meet its targets.
- Plans for equitable resource allocation per demand and need across the province (Vehicles & commodities).
- Engages districts and facilitate Campaign planning quarterly
2. Financial Management
- Work closely with the Program manager to come up with the provincial budget for each implementation year
- Requests for funds for all districts activities including meetings and AE management
- Reconcile all funds requested within the agreed timelines
- Tracking adherence to program financial policy on funds being requested (correct amount, locum payments and petty cash)
- Keeps track of provincial expenditure and seek ways of minimising and reducing costs.
3. Human Resource Management
- Manages staff leave plans and come up with an annual leave schedule for subordinates to avoid service disruption
- Guides teams on both services delivery and demand creation, per NDOH, PSI and Donor expectations
- Supervises the work of the District Coordinators, Provincial Demand Generation Manager, M and E Officer, QA Officer
- Mentors and coaches teams to ensure that they align with demand creation and service delivery SOP manuals.
- Facilitates the processing of demand creation and service delivery teams` contracts every year
- Conducts probationary and annual performance evaluation for SFH Staff directly reporting to him/ her
4. Quality Assurance
- Liaises with the Quality Assurance Manager, Provincial QA officer, Provincial and District Department of Health and identifies needs and follows up findings of Quality assessments in the province.
- With input from the Provincial Demand Creation Manager, facilitate regular supervision and feedback to the IPC Supervisors through accompanied visits
- Conducts active surveillance for Severe Adverse Events management and reporting in the province as per DOH and PEPFAR guidelines.
- Facilitates post MC care and follow-ups through client satisfaction surveillance (use of suggestion boxes, telephone clients’ comments register)
- Facilitates quality exchange visits within the region to share best practices.
5. Supply Chain Management
- In liaison with the Admin Manager, Guide teams to timeously order commodities from a supply chain partner to ensure smooth running of the provincial VMMC program to avoid stock out
- Ensures all service delivery teams are operating above minimum stock levels to enhance consistency in service provision
- In liaison with the Marketing Department, coordinate the quantification, distribution and accounting of IEC /Promo materials in the province.
- Facilitates the appropriate distribution and use of transport and camping material
6. Program Monitoring and Evaluation
- Reviews and actions on daily, weekly and monthly demand creation and service delivery data.
- Compiles and submit weekly and monthly update reports (AE, program indicators, demand creation and training) to the National VMMC Program Manager.
- Checks client intake forms against registers for data validation (completeness and accuracy)
- Regularly conducts internal data quality audits
- Facilitates proper filing and storage data
7. Stakeholders Management & Engagement
- Continuously engage Provincial, and District DOH Management and service delivery teams and other stakeholders for VMMC scale-up
- Conducts advocacy meetings to improve acceptance and ownership of the VMMC program.
- Represents SFH at all provincial meetings organised by DOH and other stakeholders
- Strengthens communication and timely feedback to district teams on payments, program changes and donor requirements
- Degree in Health, Social Sciences
- Valid driver’s license
- At least three years of project management or general management experience
- At least three years’ experience working in HIV and AIDS field
- At least three years’ experience in MMC service delivery, QA and/or program implementation
- Experience in supervising diverse teams
- Computer literate MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your full application to email@example.com by 31 October 2019. All application submissions will be reviewed and considered, only the most qualified candidates will be short listed and contacted for interviews. SFH is an equal opportunity employer.