Society for Family Health (SFH)
Society for Family Health (SFH) is a South African affiliate of Population Services International (PSI), an international NGO network operational in over 70 countries. SFH in South Africa concentrates on issues of HIV/ AIDS. As part of their HIV/AIDS control efforts, SFH is using social marketing to motivate behaviour change with respect to consistent condom use, HIV testing and other safer behaviours.
Department : Medical Programs- VMMC
Employment status : Fixed Term Contract
Duties and Responsibilities:
Demand Creation planning and Implementation
- Develops work-plans for demand creation at the regional level
- Supports Provincial Managers to ensure that all planned activities are implemented within set timelines
- Regularly participates in strategic and implementation planning meetings as required.
- Assists in compiling, writing and generating regional level reports for all demand creation activities conducted in the region
Demand Creation Processes Standards and Administration
- Supports in the development and reviewing of key messages and delivery tools for demand creation
- Participates in developing or revising IEC/promo materials (such as flipcharts, fliers, information booklets and referrals).
- Support the Marketing team (SBCC Manager) to develop standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for key demand creation activities.
- Participates in the development and review of Training Manuals and schedules
- Works with regional team to ensure adherence to SOPs
- Identifies training needs with the Provincial managers and develops training plan.
- Leads periodic training for both IPC agents and IPC supervisors.
- Provides technical oversight and assists the PFM on the development and process of mobilizers contracts and payments
- Develops the quantification and distribution of IEC/Promo material requirement on an annual and quarterly basis
Demand Creation Monitoring & Evaluation
- Participates in the periodic review and development of M&E tools for demand creation.
- Train/ Orient Supervisors on field assessment and supervision tools for IPC supervisor
- Utilizes field assessment tools to measure the quality of IPC sessions and supervision.
- Monitor the use of tools for demand creation reporting and ensure adherence to set standards
- Monitor demand creation activities and analyses DHIS2 reports to track performance and provide inputs into the improvements for respective region
- Conduct monthly on-the job field supervision and coaching visit to check effectiveness of IPC strategy and tools, communication skill of IPC agents, supervision and feedback structure and skill of IPC supervisors.
- Initiate monthly deliverables review meetings at regional level to improve supervision and monitoring of the demand creation teams.
- Work in close coordination with Provincial Lead for planning, implementing and monitoring of demand generation activities.
- Conduct monthly data quality checks for all IPC data at district level
- Degree in Health, Social Sciences, Communications, Marketing
- Valid driver’s license
- 2 years’ experience in VMMC services and PEPFAR programs
- 3 years’ work experience in project management
- Advanced training in Health communications an added advantage
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your full application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 October 2019. All application submissions will be reviewed and considered, only the most qualified candidates will be short listed and contacted for interviews. SFH is an equal opportunity employer.