Society for Family Health (SFH)
Society for Family Health (SFH) is a South African affiliate of Population Services International (PSI), an international NGO network operational in over 70 countries. SFH in South Africa concentrates on issues of HIV/ AIDS. As part of their HIV/AIDS control efforts, SFH is using social marketing to motivate behaviour change with respect to consistent condom use, HIV testing and other safer behaviours.
Department : Medical Programs- VMMC
Location : PMB uMgungundlovu, (1)
: Harry Gwala, (1)
Employment status : Fixed Term Contract
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Human Resources Management
- Plans organise and supervise the staff to carry out their duties and achieve the organisational target
- Manages staffing levels within sites to comply with required ratios, including planning and organisation of staffing schedules, leave days and holiday rosters.
- Participates in the disciplinary hearing of site staff and attend to staff grievances.
- Informs staff on developments in the organisation and programmes.
- Conducts performance appraisals for staff and monitors implementation of agreed improvements
- Conducts employee orientation of new staff members
2. Clinical Management and Training
- Coordinates all MC programs activities in the district, that is, supervises static site and outreach service delivery
- Facilitates the management and follow up of severe adverse events for clients within the district
- Conducts program-related training needs assessment and in liaison with the Quality Assurance Specialist and recommend training
- Participates in and facilitates MC and related training courses
- Promotes and facilitates relevant staff training and development opportunities
- Maintains staff awareness of key practices within the district, e.g. health and safety, fire drill procedures, per the code of practice
3. Quality Assurance
- Monitors the QA program to improve performance and maintain high standard of care
- Enforces adherence to infection control policies to reduce the occurrence of Adverse events.
- Ensures proper waste management and disposal as per the waste management policies.
- Reports all defective instruments to ensure quality VMMC procedures.
- Provides support and supervision to the site through sit inns of counselling and the surgical procedures per set guidelines and policies
- Facilitate the follow up of all MC clients and management of adverse events
4. Monitoring and Evaluation
- Facilitates the availability of all recording and reporting tools in the clinic
- Ensures proper recording and reporting in all VMMC, HTS, STI registers, referral registers for HIV positive clients
- Facilitates internal and external data audits
- Facilitates and reviews weekly monthly and quarterly performance reports
- Coordinates the orientation/training of site personnel on data management
- Degree in Health or Social Sciences
- Drivers’ license
- Registration with the relevant regulatory body where applicable
- At least three years project management or general management experience
- At least three years’ experience working in HIV and AIDS field
- At least three years’ experience in MMC service delivery, QA and/or program implementation
- Experience in supervising diverse teams
- Computer literate MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your full application to email@example.com by 31 October 2019. All application submissions will be reviewed and considered, only the most qualified candidates will be short listed and contacted for interviews. SFH is an equal opportunity employer.