Global Campaign for Education (GCE)
The Global Campaign for Education (GCE) founded in 1999, is a global civil society movement working to end the education crisis. GCE members bring together civil society organisations, NGOs, teacher unions, child rights activists, parents’ associations, young people and community organisations who work together in coalition in nearly 100 countries. GCE promotes education as a basic human right, mobilises the public to put pressure on governments and the international community to fulfil their promises to provide free, compulsory, high quality public education for all.
The Global Campaign for Education (GCE) is seeking to recruit for the following two (2) internship positions. For more information on the specifications of the internships respectively, please visit the below links:
1. INTERN: Communications
2. INTERN: Web Project
Job purpose: The Communications intern’s role will be to support the Communications team by leading the 20th anniversary project, including but not limited to liaising with members and founders of the movement, selecting and managing providers and organising the 20th anniversary launch event in Tunis. The position will be key to the success of the 20th anniversary celebration around the world.
The Web Project intern’s role will be to improve, maintain and update the current GCE website and develop digital outputs.
Location: Johannesburg, SA
Reporting to: Head of Campaigns and Communications
Employment Type: Fixed-term internship with possibility of renewal, to commence ASAP until 31st December 2019
Salary Range: Internship stipend
Closing Date: 16th October 2019
Qualifications and Key Competencies:
- An interest for NGO work and understanding of GCE’s core values, principles and mission to promote the right to education.
- A completed degree or studying social sciences, journalism/public information, communication or other related fields
- Cultural sensitivity, ability to work with colleagues in different locations and demonstrated ability to work successfully with diverse constituencies.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and strong writing and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills over email, by phone and in person.
- Ability to work within tight deadlines, deliver on time and to prioritize a complex workload.
- Rigorous, attentive to details, self-starter, autonomous and able to manage own workload efficiently.
- Experience at the international level or an international organisation
- Working knowledge of design software (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) and basing coding skills (HTML)
- Working knowledge of video editing software.
For further information on GCE, please visit our website: www.campaignforeducation.org/. To apply for this position, please submit your application letter and a CV (2 pages maximum), including at least two references and links to relevant materials, to email@example.com on or before the closing date: 16th October 2019. Please indicate the job title you are applying for in the subject line of the email.
- GCE is an equal opportunity organisation and everyone is encouraged to apply.
- Please note that due to high volumes of applications that we receive, only complete applications will be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- GCE reserves the right to shortlist and interview on a rolling basis and in that case the job advert may be withdrawn at any time from job sites without notification.