Child Welfare SA-Greater Alberton
Child Welfare SA Greater Alberton is a nonprofit organisation that is part of the child protection community and on the forefront of fighting for the rights of children in the Alberton, Thokoza and Eden Park areas.
Child Welfare SA Greater Alberton seeks to appoint a Chief Social Worker / Supervisor, to be based in Gauteng.
The purpose of the position is to provide supervision and professional guidance to social workers in the statutory services in terms of the Children's Act No. 38 of 2005. Develop and facilitate the growth and development of professional staff in the field of Children's services, and must be Organised,passionate and love children
- Encumbent must have a degree in Social work,obtained from a recognised and registered University.
- Be registered as a Social worker at the SACSSP
- No criminal record or pending disciplinary procedures.
- Have at least a minimum of (5) years social work experience. Statutory and supervisory experience will be an advantage.
- The supervisor needs to have skills in organising.planning,implementing and managing social work activities and professional staff.
- The ability to take responsible decisions and responsibility for the decisions of others.
- Be able to read, write and speak English and Afrikaans
- Be in possesion of a valid driver's licence and own vehicle.
- Ensuring that all records are kept in terms of Casework,groupwork and community work.
- Keeping the Central Case Register upto date.
- Keeping of statistics upto date and submitting to the Department of Social development.
- Skills in editing and and good report writing skills
- Developing excellent and trust relationships with all staff.
- Be trustworthy and have the values of honesty and care.
- Assistting the professional staff in developing projects that are growth orientated,educational, informative and therapeutic.
Should you meet the above requirements please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
No further applications will be recived after this date.
Should you not be contacted within two weeks of submission of your CV ,please consider your application as unsucessful.
For more about Child Welfare SA Greater Alberton, refer to childwelfaresa.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies