Sex Worker Education and Advocacy Task Force (SWEAT)
The Sex Worker Education and Advocacy Task Force (SWEAT) is a dynamic non-governmental organisation that works to ensure that sex workers rights are defended and that people selling sex have access to health and other services. We view sex work as work and all our direct services are focused on engaging, empowering and linking sex workers to services that will meet their needs.
SWEAT seeks to appoint an Advocacy Officer to be based in East London.
The purpose of the position will to be responsible for advocacy and engagement of stakeholders and players in the district around the needs of sex workers and the programme implementation. Along with programme team, he/she will manage the engagement of stakeholders, sensitisation, trainings, human rights defenders and the respective reporting on these issues.
- Social Science degree, public health preferable.
- Required Experience: Minimum 2 years’ experience in lobbying/advocacy/human rights or programming in the public health or HIV.
- Other requirements:
- Experience in advocating for minority sex work/KP health, social and legal rights.
- Experience in Sex Work programming.
- Experience in conducting trainings.
- Facilitation skills
- Computer literate in MS Word, Excel and Power point
- Report-writing skills
- Planning and organisational skills
- Good interpersonal skills, including being a team player.
- Non-judgmental, trustworthy and empathetic personality
- Demonstrate strong professional attitude and behaviour at all times.
- Ability to travel as and when required.
Applicants must send a cover letter, explaining their relevant experience, as well as their CV to Nomakwezi Sopuwa: email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
The post is based in East London, Eastern Cape, South Africa. Only those with the legal right to work in South Africa can apply.
SWEAT reserves the right to make appointments which are transformation focused.
For more about Sex Worker Education and Advocacy Taskforce refer to www.sweat.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies