Bioregional South Africa
Bioregional SA is a sustainability NPO that champions One Planet Living in the country and use of a Sustainability Action Planning framework and is currently leading on Durban’s involvement with the One Planet Cities project.
Bioregional South Africa seeks to appoint an Environmental Integrator to be based in Westville, Durban.
The purpose of the position is to be a practitioner or professional in any field who is passionate about sustainability and has been trained to use the One Planet Living framework to assist organisations / clients in taking action for sustainability.
Reports to: Sarah Alsen, Bioregional SA
Remuneration: On request, part time position 3 days / week for a one year contract.
- You will commit to assisting the city and involved stakeholders to develop their action plans from Phase 1 of the project, as well as work with Bioregional SA Director Sarah Alsen to recruit new organisations (businesses, schools, civil society intitutions) as part of Phase 2.
- You will be expected to manage the Social Media platforms on behalf of Bioregional SA, with postings on Facebook, Twitter and contribution to a monthly blog that Bioregional SA writes.
- You will also be expected to help with any other activities as demanded by the project e.g. the organisation of events, potential giving of presentations, etc.
- Educated to a degree / diploma level, ideally in an environmentally related field
- A personal commitment to, and good understanding of, sustainability
- Experience of having worked with companies / in the corporate world, would be an advantage
- Proficiency in English, with excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to speak isiZulu, also an advantage
- An understanding of communications and marketing and the communications needs of different audiences
- Experience managing social media channels and creating creative content
- Proficient in IT including Word, Powerpoint, and preferably Excel
- Experience of social media and managing the production of communications materials, including reports, blogs, newsletters, etc, an advantage
- Experience of event planning and promotion, an advantage.
Directions to apply: If interested in this opportunity, please send your CV to Sarah Alsen of Bioregional South Africa, firstname.lastname@example.org who will reply with an Expression of Interest form for you to complete. For any further queries before applying, please feel free to either email Sarah or ring her on 084 497 1661. Bioregional South Africa will review all applications, select and notify participants.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
The successful applicant will be called for interview by Friday 25thth October subject to receipt of Expression of Interest forms, to commence work dependent on routine checks, as soon as suits both parties.
For more information about Bioregional, refer to https://www.bioregional.com/one-planet-living and www.oneplanet.com.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies