The Butterfly Art Project (BAP)
The Butterfly Art Project (BAP) is a non-profit organisation established in 2010 in Vrygrond, Cape Town. BAP offers art facilitation training, mentoring and networking with many partners bringing creativity and healing to children and adults from vulnerable communities.
We seek to contract a Programme Coordinator to be based in Cape Town.
The purpose of this position is to support training and mentoring management.
Reports to: Programme Manager
Remuneration: BAP offers renumeration commensurate with experience and will be discussed with the successful candidate
Start date: January 2020
- Coordinating for the smooth running of our CAF training centre
- Office coordination
- Overseeing stock management
- Overseeing the cleaning of BAP’s training facility
- Coordinating the recruitment of adult participants
- Data Management for Programme Monitoring & Evaluation
- Overseeing international volunteers and organisational assistant
- Cooperating with BAP's Operations & Finance Coordinator on finance and Monitoring and Evaluation
- Communication and coordination between BAP's Programmes and Teams
- Minute taking
- A completed appropriate field of study with a minimum of 5 years working at an equivalent level, preferably in a development-related field. Experience in programme process management ranging from social media communication, implementation to reporting would be an advantage.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills and the ability to multi-task
- Excellent intercultural skills and good ability in one other South African language in addition to English (must have excellent communication, presentation, and writing skills in English)
- Proficient knowledge and demonstrated skills in Microsoft Office software including Microsoft Excel, internet-based applications and required social media sites
- Excellent data capturing skills and basic understanding of monitoring and evaluation processes
- Excellent telephonic skills for client care and partner communication
- Ability to work both as part of a team and independently using one’s own initiative
- Local travel as and when required by the organisation, valid driver’s license essential
To apply, submit a CV, police clearance certificate (or proof of application thereof), motivation letter, renumeration expectation and three contactable references no later than 20.10.2019 to Zaid Philander (Programme Manager) firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
You are passionate about art, healing, children and bringing change to South Africa? You believe skills development for educators is the way forward? You love M&E, are obsessed with Microsoft excel and do not mind working many hours on the computer? You are looking for a young, multi cultural, driven and heart warming team environment? You enjoy working on organisational targets and for sure you set individual goals to contribute to excellent team work? Please read further and do not hesitate to apply.
Suitably qualified individuals with South African nationality or permit to work in South Africa are invited to apply. We prefer to hire a black South African female.
BAP reserves the right not to contract if a suitable candidate cannot be found. Incomplete applications will not be considered! The contract period would be a max of 18 months.
For more about the Butterflies Art Project, refer to www.butterflyartproject.org
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies