Association for the Physically Challenged (APC)
Association For the Physically Challenged, provides holistic and fundamental services to physically challenged adults and children at no charge, throughout the Province of KwaZulu-Natal.
Association For the Physically Challenged seeks to appoint a Social Worker to be based in Pietermaritzburg & Midlands.
The purpose of the position is to provide social work services primarily to residential and protective employment workshop service users and to a smaller extent to community based service users; write reports; prepare NFD documents and supervise social auxilliary workers.
- Minimum of 5 years’ social work experience (post qualification) in all methods of social work,
- Professionalism, strong values and ethics, team player, responsible, proactive, hardworking, willingness to learn, passion for social work, interest in the disability sector, good communication and written skills (including competency in relevant computer programmes)
- Registered with the SACSSP,
- Valid driver’s licence,
- Previous experience supervising social service professionals and doing NFD would be an advantage,
- Previous experience working in disabilities would be favourable,
Interested and suitably qualified social workers should submit their CV’s, certified copies of relevant documents, a covering letter and 2 contactable referees (who have supervised/managed you), to The Provincial Director via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Candidates must be available for interviews and a driving assessment by the end of October 2019 and be available to take up the position at the latest on 1 December 2019.
For enquiries please contact Mrs. Mariah-Singh on 031 209 2103.
For more about Association For the Physically Challenged, refer to http://www.physicallychallenged.co.za/
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies