mothers2mothers (m2m) is an Africa-based NGO that unlocks the potential of women to eliminate paediatric AIDS and create healthy families across eight sub-Saharan African countries. m2m trains, employs, and helps empower HIV-positive women to work as community healthcare workers in understaffed health centres and underserved communities. Through a peer-to-peer approach, these ‘Mentor Mothers’ deliver a range of health services, advice, and support to women and their families. Started in Cape Town, South Africa in 2001 with an initial focus on preventing mother-to-child transmission of HIV, m2m has innovated and built on its strengths and now provides family-centred support for a range of related health and social issues spanning pregnancy, birth, childhood, and adolescence. It also partners with governments and other NGOs on the adoption of its programme to spread the Mentor Mother Model and its benefits. m2m has a track record of scaling its services and proven impact. To date, m2m has reached over 11M women and children under two, and created more than 10,000 jobs for African women living with HIV. For more, visit www.m2m.org.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A minimum of a Master’s level degree in Public Health or a Health and Development-related field.
- A minimum of ten years’ progressively responsible experience in managing HIV / PMTCT / RMNCH or related health and development Strategic Information (SI) teams and Si functions - operating in complex, resource constrained settings in a multi-country implementation environment.
- A proven track record in developing, implementing and maintaining complex, multi-country routine Strategic Information systems for health, HIV/AIDS (or a related field) in resource constrained settings - from SI System design, tool development, data collection / fieldwork, to reporting.
- Experience in leading the SI component in competitive bidding / fundraising processes.
- Experience in conceptualising and generating SI-related reports for multiple internal and external audiences – ranging from internal programme managers, Senior Management Team, the Board, to multiple external donors and other stakeholders.
- Familiarity with USAID and DFID reporting frameworks and requirements.
- Experience managing staff – from recruitment, orientation, training to performance planning and performance management.
mothers2mothers is an equal opportunity employer. We particularly encourage applications from people living with HIV and AIDS (PLWHA), people with disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged people. Competitive salary packages will be negotiable in accordance with m2m’s remuneration policies.
- Interested applicants should apply for this position via www.m2m.org/careers/ by 4 October 2019