mothers2mothers (m2m) is an Africa-based NGO that unlocks the potential of women to eliminate paediatric AIDS and create healthy families across eight sub-Saharan African countries. m2m trains, employs, and helps empower HIV-positive women to work as community healthcare workers in understaffed health centres and underserved communities. Through a peer-to-peer approach, these ‘Mentor Mothers’ deliver a range of health services, advice, and support to women and their families. Started in Cape Town, South Africa in 2001 with an initial focus on preventing mother-to-child transmission of HIV, m2m has innovated and built on its strengths and now provides family-centred support for a range of related health and social issues spanning pregnancy, birth, childhood, and adolescence. It also partners with governments and other NGOs on the adoption of its programme to spread the Mentor Mother Model and its benefits. m2m has a track record of scaling its services and proven impact. To date, m2m has reached over 11M women and children under two, and created more than 10,000 jobs for African women living with HIV. For more, visit www.m2m.org.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Master’s Degree in a relevant field such as Computer Science, Engineering, Data Science, Social Science, Business Science, Health Science or other quantitative field is preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience as a Data Specialist / Data Analyst / Data Scientist / Research Analyst applied in a quantitative field of analysis.
- Experience in working in a Health and Development context, in resource constrained settings – with special reference to HIV, RMNCH, Adolescent Health and ECD.
- Proven experience in data analysis, database querying, data mining, data analytics and data interpretation as well as reporting.
- Proven experience of routine Strategic Information and Operations Research (including Evaluation Research)
- Understanding of / experience with machine-learning is a strong recommendation.
- Experience in using STATA is a strong recommendation.
- Experience using business intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau) and data frameworks (e.g. Hadoop) is a strong recommendation.
- Experience in using R, SQL and Python; familiarity with Scala, Java or C++ is an asset.
mothers2mothers is an equal opportunity employer. We particularly encourage applications from people living with HIV and AIDS (PLWHA), people with disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged people. Competitive salary packages will be negotiable in accordance with m2m’s remuneration policies.
- Interested applicants should apply for this position via www.m2m.org/careers/ by 4 October 2019