mothers2mothers (m2m) is an Africa-based NGO that unlocks the potential of women to eliminate paediatric AIDS and create healthy families across eight sub-Saharan African countries. m2m trains, employs, and helps empower HIV-positive women to work as community healthcare workers in understaffed health centres and underserved communities. Through a peer-to-peer approach, these ‘Mentor Mothers’ deliver a range of health services, advice, and support to women and their families. Started in Cape Town, South Africa in 2001 with an initial focus on preventing mother-to-child transmission of HIV, m2m has innovated and built on its strengths and now provides family-centred support for a range of related health and social issues spanning pregnancy, birth, childhood, and adolescence. It also partners with governments and other NGOs on the adoption of its programme to spread the Mentor Mother Model and its benefits. m2m has a track record of scaling its services and proven impact. To date, m2m has reached over 11M women and children under two, and created more than 10,000 jobs for African women living with HIV. For more, visit www.m2m.org.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in public health or in a related field
- Minimum of 5 years’ progressively responsible experience in an M&E / SI role in the health and development sector in resource constraint settings – with special reference to HIV, RMNCH, Adolescent Health and ECD.
- Strong technical and programmatic background in M&E / SI – such as setting up and maintaining data and reporting systems, related capacity building in the context of adult learning, and the provision of technical support to country programmes.
- Strong experience in using Microsoft (Excel, PowerPoint, Office)
- Strong experience in using DHIS2
- Strong Experience in using mHealth applications as data source(s)
- Experience in using Tableau is a recommendation
- Experience working in a country office setting
- Understanding of USAID and other donor systems, structures and processes is a recommendation
- Familiarity with m2m client management tools and SI systems is a recommendation.
mothers2mothers is an equal opportunity employer. We particularly encourage applications from people living with HIV and AIDS (PLWHA), people with disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged people. Competitive salary packages will be negotiable in accordance with m2m’s remuneration policies.
- Interested applicants should apply for this position via www.m2m.org/careers/ by 4 October 2019