Community Intervention Centre
Community Intervention Centre (CIC) was established in 2001 and has a small team of dedicated staff and volunteers that provides a free 24-hour on-site trauma intervention and support service to the Blaauwberg community and beyond.
The Board of CIC seeks to employ a permanent Helpline Supervisor, based in Cape Town.
Hours: 24/7 for seven days on a monthly rotation
Salary: Please indicate your salary expectations
- Proven experience in Victim Empowerment environment and counselling
- Exceptional telephone etiquette and skills
- A valid drivers license and vehicle
- Qualification in counselling will be an advantage
- Communication (written and verbal) skills in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- A National Senior Certificate
- 2 to 3 years leadership/supervisory experience is beneficial
- A pro-active and energetic approach and must be a team player
- A high service orientated and results driven approach and willing to go the extra mile to resolve client queries
- Answers the 24/7 Helpline to provide prevention, crisis intervention, support counselling and/or referral information to callers
- React immediately, yet calmly, to crisis situations and quickly build rapport with callers
- Provide Trauma and Victim Empowerment counselling and follow up support service to clients both telephonically and face to face sessions
- Ensure trauma worker is dispatched to attend to victim/client within 20 minutes of first call received
- Provide telephonic briefing and debriefing to trauma worker that is dispatched to scene
- Facilitate quarterly team building/group debriefing with trauma volunteers
- Identifying development needs of trauma volunteers in conjunction with management
- Administration of supporting documents and resources
- Ensure compliance to CIC policies and operating procedures
- Assistance with training of new trauma volunteers
- Attendance of appropriate forums, meetings and workshops (incl weekly supervision meetings, monthly trauma team meetings)
- Reporting to General Manager
- Must be flexible and available after hours
- Ability to work under pressure and autonomously
- Team player but also able to work unsupervised/self-starter
- Be confident and show initiative in the position
- Maintains confidentiality in a professional manner of all information received, discussed and recorded.
The ideal candidate will be a mature, resilient team player, that can problem solve and love caring for people.
To apply, submit your CV and proof of qualifications to Tania Nell at firstname.lastname@example.org (REF HS)
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
If you have not received a reply within two weeks, consider your application unsuccessful.
For more about Community Intervention Centre, refer to www.cic-capetown.org
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies