Home from Home Trust
Home from Home Trust, a registered Cluster Foster Care Scheme, provides supported and supervised community based foster care for orphans, abused and neglected children through a network of small family homes located around the Cape metropole and surrounding areas.
The Trust seeks to appoint a Finance and Administration Manager to be based at the head office in Plumstead, Cape Town.
Reports to: Executive Director.
The purpose of the position is to be responsible for all financial and management reporting ensuring best practice and sound financial governance at all times.
- Ensure that accounting records are up-to-date. Record general journals/adjustments monthly and annually. Bank reconciliations.
- Prepare and review management accounts including cash flow forecast.
- Donor financial management and reporting
- Prepare and maintain annual budget and calculate shortfalls
- Cost control
- Monitor investment accounts
- Payroll (50 employees)
- Organisational compliance with all statutory and legislative requirements
- Maintenance of HR records
- Manage a team of 4 (admin and financial staff)
- B.Comm in Financial Management or equivalent tertiary qualification
- Proven track record in financial management in the NPO sector is essential
- Previous experience in working with donors/funders on financial reporting is essential
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and Pastel Partner. Knowledge of Integrity Payroll System an advantage
- Trust Law knowledge an advantage
- Strategic thinking, analytical and organisational skills
- Ability to carry a high workload and work under pressure
- Driver's licence
To apply please submit a comprehensive CV together with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more information about Home from Home please visit www.homefromhome.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies