SRHR Africa Trust (SAT)
JOIN OUR YOUTH QUAKE
The SRHR Africa Trust (SAT) is a youth-centred organisation dedicated to gender-equal youth health. SAT works across the SADC region, with country programmes in Botswana, Malawi, Zambia and Zimbabwe, and a regional office in South Africa. We support over 100 communities, NGOs, CBOs and activists to help adolescents walk healthy, happy, confident and safe pathways to adulthood.
We are looking for a dynamic individual with a passion for making a difference in the lives of Africa’s young people to fill a vacant position at our Regional Office in Rosebank, Johannesburg, South Africa.
SAT is an equal opportunity employer, and particularly encourages qualified people living with HIV, people living with disabilities, women and transgender applicants.
REGIONAL OPERATIONS OFFICER
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Work closely with the COO and all other players to coordinate all operational and programme delivery processes and infrastructure across the region – at both regional and country levels - to support delivery of SAT Regional strategy and annual workplan plans. This includes contributing to year planning for operations, logistics and scheduling; liaising with regional office and country administrators, regional programming team, CPO/CPMs to ensure that the annual workplan is delivered on time and to quality, and ensuring that procedures for operations and reporting on operations are clear and adhered to. Finally, to report on operations at all levels.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Contribute inputs into SAT annual plans regarding administrative and operational processes
- Coordinate SAT Operations and coordinate implementation of the SAT annual workplan with SAT COO; CPO/COMs; and Country Office administrators
- Report according to schedule on operational delivery
- Oversee and report on implementation of SAT Regional Office administration
- Support the COO’s office in operations, administration, policies, and regulations.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
The ideal candidate for this position will have:
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences and experience in administration and operations, preferably in NGOs
- At least five years working in administration and operations, operating multiple functions, and demonstrated ability to manage the delivery of programs
- Able and willing to travel both within and outside South Africa
- Strongly desirable are: Experience in project management or development or public health.
- an opportunity to gain exposure and experience of working with international cooperating partners, regional and national organisations in a high profile, long-established regional organization
- a professional working environment in the heart of Rosebank, Johannesburg
- a competitive market-related salary package based on experience, qualifications and skills.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in this position, please send an email indicating the position being applied for, and attaching a motivating letter, together with your CV and two contactable references, to Senzi Radebe at firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for receipt of applications is 06 October 2019
For more information on SAT, go to www.satregional.net