SRHR Africa Trust (SAT)
JOIN OUR YOUTH QUAKE
The SRHR Africa Trust (SAT) is a youth-centred organisation dedicated to gender-equal youth health. SAT works across the SADC region, with country programmes in Botswana, Malawi, Zambia and Zimbabwe, and a regional office in South Africa. We support over 100 communities, NGOs, CBOs and activists to help adolescents walk healthy, happy, confident and safe pathways to adulthood.
We are looking for a dynamic individual with a passion for making a difference in the lives of Africa’s young people to fill a vacant position at our Regional Office in Rosebank, Johannesburg, South Africa.
SAT is an equal opportunity employer, and particularly encourages qualified people living with HIV, people living with disabilities, women and transgender applicants.
REGIONAL ADVOCACY & COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER
The Regional Advocacy and Communications Officer will develop and support SAT’s advocacy and communications work, focusing on engaging and mobilising young people, potential donors and supporters, in the region and globally.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Innovating communication between SAT and young people
- Coordinating and supporting the participation of adolescents and young people in SAT’s advocacy and communications work
- Managing, developing and implementing SRHR advocacy campaigns
- Developing, implementing and measuring advocacy and marketing social media content on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Youtube
- Raising the profile of SAT’s work in the media in collaboration with SAT senior management and Country Directors
- Managing SAT’s brand and providing guidance to internal and external stakeholders on the use of SAT’s brand
- Coordinating regional events and supporting SAT’s attendance at conferences and other advocacy platforms
- Curating content management, including sourcing and collation (case studies, interviews, photographs, video) for all SAT’s communications channels
- Supporting Human Resources with internal communications
- Working closely with resource mobilisation and impact management units within SAT to strategically leverage assets and insights across these portfolios
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least a tertiary qualification in Communications, Media, Advocacy and/or Social Sciences
- At least five years’ working experience in advocacy and communications, preferably in public health and/or youth development
- Experience of, and confidence with, digital communications
- Experience of working with and activating young people and championing youth participation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact confidently with stakeholders at all levels
- Creative, solutions-oriented and self-motivated
- The ability and willingness to travel both within and outside South Africa
Knowledge of photography, Photoshop and/or website content management systems will be an advantage.
- The opportunity to gain exposure and experience of working with international partners, regional and national organisations in a high profile, long-established regional organisation, making a real difference to the lives and health of young people
- A professional working environment in the heart of Rosebank, Johannesburg
- A competitive market-related salary package based on experience, qualifications and skills
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in this position, please send an email indicating the position being applied for, and attaching a motivating letter, together with your CV and two contactable references, to Senzi Radebe at firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for receipt of applications is 06 October 2019
For more information on SAT, go to www.satregional.net