Happy Valley Primary is a no-fee public primary school serving the Happy Valley / Silversands community near Kuils River. The school has partnered with Mellon Educate as part of the Collaboration Schools Pilot Programme – a public / private partnership in the Western Cape.
HAPPY VALLEY PRIMARY SCHOOL VACANCY: Deputy-principal (policy, organisational management and administration to start 1 JANUARY 2020.
Qualifications / Certification:
- Certification through the South African Council of Educators (SACE) – proof of registration required.
- Primary school appropriate qualification.
- While being suitably qualified (minimum reqv 13) is a mandatory requirement, any additional, relevant educational qualifications (please specify) would be a strong recommendation.
- Police clearance certificate required (to be done when considered for the position).
- A minimum of 5 years teaching experience.
Essential Experience and skills:
- The candidate must have outstanding leadership, organisational management and administrative skills and the ability to plan strategically. Must be willing to uphold the school’s ethos and values and work beyond the call of duty.
- A creative, innovative and visionary leadership style, combined with a working knowledge of, and experience in, asset management; working knowledge of procurement of text books, LTSM, furniture and equipment; working knowledge of drafting, updating and monitoring of all policies as prescribed by SASA; effective management of resources, able to co-ordinate and manage the disciplinary system at school.
- Co-ordinate the co-curricular and extramural program at school.
- Co-ordinating school-wide culture at school.
- Co-ordinating fundraising projects and recycling at school level.
- Must have an exemplary track record in terms of modelling the following: punctuality and regular school attendance as an educator.
- Able to provide strategic leadership in the absence of the principal. Must have a working knowledge in drafting strategic goals for the school (SIP), knowledge of SSE and WSE.
- To mentor, coach and provide general support for novice and under-performing teachers.
- Working knowledge in co-ordinating the use of ICT’s in supporting curriculum delivery and in recording learner progress. Proven experience of using technology as a teaching aid to enhance teaching.
- Required to teach and must be CAPS trained.
- Serve as a role model to unite staff and foster professional relations.
- Experience in conflict resolution – staff, learners and parents.
- Must be willing to do a computer-based activity as part of the interview process.
- Computer literacy, networking, flexibility and the ability to liaise with all stakeholders in the broader community are a strong recommendation.
- Proficiency in both English and Afrikaans.
- Relevant knowledge of internal and external school systems, ie CEMIS, experience in school budgets, school governance and managing LTSM and stock take.
- Must have proven experience serving on the school management team of a primary school.
- Must have proven experience in working in a diverse and transformed community.
- Must be aligned to our mission of developing the school into a school of excellence and willing to go the extra mile to achieve this mission.
- Exhibit a genuine passion and a belief in the potential of every learner.
- Have a strong moral purpose with an uncompromising approach to school improvement and raising learner attainment.
- Serves as a leader and role model who will inspire and drive teacher development and innovative curriculum delivery.
- Be open to innovative ideas and deviating from the status quo as a Collaboration School.
- Willing to work collaboratively within the framework of the Collaboration Schools Pilot Programme.
Contract & Benefits:
This is a full-time, permanent position with the School Governing Body of Happy Valley Primary School. The SGB offers a competitive salary and benefits package to the successful candidate.
Due date for Receipt of all application: 18 October 2019.
- ALL APPLICATIONS MUST INCLUDE A RECENT COMPREHENSIVE UPDATED CV AND AT LEAST 3 RECENT WORK REFERENCES FORWARDED TO: email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.