Beyond Zero (BZ)
Beyond Zero (BZ) has been successfully implementing comprehensive services across the HIV and TB care continuum in the Eastern Cape (EC), KwaZulu-Natal (KZN) and Limpopo Provinces in the past 16 years; targeting key and vulnerable populations including adolescents and youths, sex workers (SW), orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) and men who have sex with men (MSM) and people living with HIV amongst others. As one of the 4 nominated Principal Recipient (PRs) in South Africa to lead and provide strategic management, oversight, monitoring and evaluation on the implementation of the Global Fund grant for the period April 2019 until March 2022, Beyond Zero is recruiting to fill the following Core Positions under the GF funding mechanism.
Location: BZ Head Offices in East London, Eastern Cape or BZ Gauteng Offices.
Contract duration: One year fixed term with possibility of extension for 3 years
depending on funding availability.
Anticipated start date: 1 October 2019
Remuneration: Market related.
Position Description Summary :
The CFO is accountable for the administrative, financial, and risk management operations on the BZ Global Fund, including the development of a financial and operational strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve Beyond Zero’s assets and report accurate financial results.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Strengthen finance human resource strategies by determining accountabilities; communicating and enforcing values, policies, and procedures; implementing recruitment, selection, orientation, training, coaching, counselling, disciplinary, and communication programs; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation strategies.
2. Review existing finance organizational strategies by contributing financial and accounting information, analysis, and make recommendations to strategic thinking and direction; establishing functional objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Participate in organisational planning sessions
- Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans;
- Develop financial and tax strategies;
- Manage the capital request and budgeting processes
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team;
- Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management team;
- Manage the accounting, human resources, legal, tax, and treasury divisions;
- Manage any third parties to which accounting or finance functions have been outsourced
5. Risk Management:
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the organization's risk profile:
- Monitor all open legal issues involving the company, and legal issues affecting the industry;
- Construct and monitor reliable control systems;
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors, funders and SAG;
- Report risk issues to the line manager and audit committee of the board of directors;
- Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations
- Master's degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience
- Preference will be given to candidates with a CA and 3 year experience working on Global Fund.
- 5 years ‘experience in senior managerial position in NGO sector.
- Experience in partnering with an executive team.
- High level of written and oral communication skills.
- Results-oriented, strategic thinker and planner.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel extensively as and when required.
By applying for any of the above mentioned positions, applicants consent to BZ to conduct qualification, ID, Criminal and Reference checks on them which form part of its recruitment process. To Apply: cover letters clearly stating the Position being applied for, CVs, and copies of qualifications must be forwarded to email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 23 September 2019 by close of business.
NB. Applicants who have not heard from Beyond Zero one month after the publication of these adverts should consider their applications unsuccessful and, any future correspondence from BZ thereof will be limited to shortlisted applicants only.
Beyond Zero reserves the right to re-advertise any of the above listed Positions should the need arise and also reserves the right not to fill any of the listed Positions.
None South African Citizens and none South African Permanent Residence holders must be in possession of valid documentation authorizing them to work in South Africa.
Beyond Zero is an equal opportunity employer.
Candidates from key vulnerable populations are encouraged to apply.