Amangwe Village is a non-profit organisation that aims to make a difference in the community for those who are infected and affected by HIV/AIDS. The dedicated staff and volunteers at Amangwe implement a holistic approach to development with a focus in these 5 sectors: Early Childhood Development, Orphans & Vulnerable Children, Home Based Care, Women's Empowerment, and Organic Food Gardening.
Amangwe Village (an NPO based in KwaMonambi, which is ~30km north of Richard's Bay) invites applications for the post of Amangwe Village Manager.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Ensuring the operational sustainability of the organisation
- Initiating new projects for the empowerment and development of communities
- Management of existing programmes and projects
- Financial accountability for the planning and resource mobilisation of all funding
- Liaise with funders: Corporate, National and Government Departments
- Lead and Manage Amangwe staff and social workers
- Supervise casework interventions
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Relevant Degree in Social Work
- Registration with South African Council for Social Service Professions is essential
- At least 5 years Leadership and Management experience
- Any other business qualification would be an advantage
- A valid driver’s licence is essential
- Experience in HIV/AIDS or Community Development
- Excellent communication skills in English (Written and Verbal)
- Manage budgets and the financial sustainability of the organisation
- Strong networking and marketing skills
- Able to compile comprehensive business/funding proposals
- Project management skills
- Computer literate (MS Office: Word; Excel; Powerpoint & Outlook)
- Manage logistical operations of the organisation
Send a concise CV with copies of qualifications and registration to:
If the email does not include the relevant qualifications and registration document the CV will NOT be accepted
Amangwe Village is an equal opportunity employer.
If you have not been contacted within three weeks of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Shortlisted candidates must willing to do online interviews
We reserve the right not to fill a position.