Girls abd Boys Town SA
Established in 1958, Girls and Boys Town (GBT) is a national nonprofit organization that runs proven and successful programmes to strengthen vulnerable youth. Through a combination of interventions, we on average, assist between 16 000 to 20 000 beneficiaries a year. GBT core focus is to remove the obstacles and barriers that prevent children from finding their light and helping them to Shine.
GBT seeks to appoint an Acquisition Consultant to be based in Johannesburg.
Salary: Market related
Reports to: National Fundraising & RM Manager
- Contact prospects and private individuals by telephone with the objective of signing them on as new donors.
- Deliver and adjust scripted pitch to meet needs of specific individuals.
- Will need to be comfortable calling members of the public and asking for a financial contribution in the form of a Direct Debit Order or donation.
- Develop and maintain an effective telephone manner and cold calling technique.
- Brand and market the organisation appropriately, including being a strong positive role model.
- Obtain donor information including names and addresses
- Record, update and maintain donor details on the Database System.
- Obtain contact details of potential donors from purchased list and other sources.
- Contact leads to follow up on initial interaction.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with colleagues and donors.
- Knowledge of sales and marketing principles and strategies.
- Relevant 5 to 7 years work experience in sales, marketing, promotions or telemarketing
- Proficiency in relevant computer applications
- Good Telephonic and e-mail etiquette
- Fundraising or a Sales and Marketing Certificate a distinct advantage
- Key Skills and Competencies
- Bilingualism an advantage.
- Self-motivated and mature.
- Abilities to work independently and within a team environment.
- Creativity, imagination and an entrepreneurial attitude towards fundraising.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills · Demonstrate a willingness to learn and update your skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain efficiencies with attention to detail.
- Must be persuasive, donor focused, assertive and result driven.
- Be multifaceted, adaptive and show initiative.
- Information gathering and management
- Negotiation skills
- Closing Skills
- Stress tolerance
- High energy levels
- Outgoing and energetic attitude.
- Only if you do meet the minimum job requirements and experience as mentioned above, you may submit a detailed updated CV.
- Please take note that the applicants who do not adhere to the above criteria will not be considered for the respective position and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply, submit CV and one page motivation letter to email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about Girls and Boys Town, refer to www.girlsandboystown.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies
Girls and Boys Town South Africa complies with the Employment Equity Act No.55A of 1988.