M&ESURE Research & Evaluation
M&ESURE Research and Evaluation is a social science research and evaluation consultancy based in the southern suburbs of Cape Town. We are looking to expand our internship programme by offering a short-term internship opportunity that is designed to provide you with practical exposure to monitoring and evaluation and social science research. This full-time internship will give you the opportunity to hone your research and evaluation skills in a dynamic and stimulating environment. No two days are the same - so this is the ideal opportunity to learn how to be adaptable and flexible whilst sharpening your interpersonal and professional skillset.
Fantastic internship opportunity for a talented graduate with an interest in monitoring, evaluation and research.
1. Responsibilities and working environment
- The intern will be responsible for assisting M&ESURE with the following key activities:
- designing data collection tools and capturing templates
- data collection (this may entail conducting interviews and focus groups)
- data capturing
- analysis of quantitative and qualitative data
- assisting with the writing of evaluation reports and other research outputs
- logistical / administrative arrangements related to fieldwork and other business operations
- filing and basic office administration
Our office is housed in a dynamic workspace in Plumstead (The Stoep Startup) and the intern will be expected to work from there. There may, however, be opportunities to travel for fieldwork purposes.
2. Interested candidates must adhere to these requirements
- Be a South African citizen
- Have an Honour’s Degree in Social Sciences; Development Studies; Psychology; or related field
- Have a keen interest in developing monitoring and evaluation skills and expertise
- Be proficient in MS Office
- Have good interpersonal skills
- Have excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Demonstrate the ability to be a team player
- Be a confident self-starter and self-motivated
- Have a proven academic track record
- Have a clear criminal record
3. The following are advantageous
- Working experience in a monitoring and evaluation and/or social science research context
- Experience analysing quantitative and qualitative data
- Ability to speak and write in isiXhosa
- A driver’s licence and reliable vehicle
The intern will receive a monthly stipend of ZAR 5000.00.
5. The application and interview process
Please complete the application available here - http://bit.ly/mesureinternapplication. Only applications submitted through this link will be considered.
Applications close on 20 September 2019.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Interviews are scheduled to take place early October 2019.
An application will not in itself, entitle the applicant to an interview.
M&ESURE will not be liable for any costs related to the application process or any costs related to the uptake of the position.
We reserve the right not to proceed with the filling of the post advertised.
This internship will commence as soon as possible as negotiated with the successful applicant. The duration of the internship is 3 months. This internship does not qualify the intern for any permanent employment. Should the intern wish to apply for other vacancies at the company, the normal recruitment process will apply.
6. For more information