The Haven Night Shelter Organisation is a non-governmental organisation that works to help get the homeless to a home. The Haven Night Shelter Organisation’s method is to make temporary shelter, rehabilitation opportunities, social welfare services, family reunification services, physical care and support available to adult people living on the streets who are committed to reintegration.
The Haven Night Shelters seeks to appoint Hosts to be baesed in Bellville and Swartland.
Reports to: Shelter Managers.
Remuneration: R5 700.00 per month
Employment Type: Permanent
- The Host will be responsible for the initial intake of clients including their safety and care.
- Supervising clients.
- Administrative duties.
- Maintaining the cleanliness and housekeeping.
- Reside in the area or in surrounding areas,
- Code B drivers licence,
- Grade 10 Certificate,
- be able to work shifts and alternate weekends,
- ability to interact with clients from different cultures and religions,
- manage conflict situations, basic level of computer literacy - MS Office, MS Excel and Outlook,
- ability to work as a team player,
- be of sober habits, no criminal record,
- be in good health,
- experience in the NGO sector will be an advantage.
NB. The Haven Night Shelter Welfare Organisation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please send two pages CV, and motivational letter to the HR Manager email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Please note if all the relevant documentation (CV or motivational letter) is not attach to your application will not be considered.
Please indicate in the subject line for which post you apply: HOST: BELLVILLE OR SWARTLAND NIGHT SHELTER
If you don't receive a response from us within 3 weeks of closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
For more about the Haven Night Shelter Welfare, refer to www.haven.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies