CIVICUS is a global alliance of civil society organisations and activists dedicated to strengthening citizen action and civil society throughout the world. We were established in 1993 and since 2002 have been proudly headquartered in Johannesburg, South Africa, with additional hubs across the globe, with a membership alliance with more than 7000 members in more than 175 countries. Our definition of civil society is broad and covers non-governmental organisations, activists, civil society coalitions and networks, protest and social movements, voluntary bodies, campaigning organisations, charities, faith-based groups, trade unions and philanthropic foundations. Our membership is diverse, spanning a wide range of issues, sizes and organisation types. Our staff is based across the globe in over 20 countries. CIVICUS is diverse in nature and has been searching for practical ways to implement diverse and inclusive principles within civil society.
CIVICUS, the global civil society alliance, seeks to appoint a highly-skilled communications professional to be based in Johannesburg.
The purpose of the position is to be a great storyteller who can work collaboratively to transform complex knowledge into multi-media, media, and social media productions. Someone who thinks strategically and is able to work collaboratively across the organization to drive communications for advocacy. If you enjoy producing issue-based multi-media, devour the news and have the talent to identify opportunities for traditional and social media engagement, and love working with others to build knowledge and capacity around communications for change - this job is for you.
- Diploma or Degree in Communication, Journalism or equivalent.
- Excellent English written and verbal communications skills, including a flare for writing and communication, as well as sharp-eyed editing of diverse styles of writing.
- Minimum 7 - 10 years in a communication role - including demonstrated experience of strategic organizational communications and public outreach strategies and working with international media.
- Able to translate complex knowledge and concepts into creative multi-media, for diverse audiences, with clear advocacy objectives.
- Has a portfolio and demonstrated work experience with journalists and the media, including an active network of media contacts.
- Understanding of international civil society, human rights and development issues, and good socio-political analysis skills.
- Experience and passion for digital communications - social media, graphic design, video production, etc.
Please click here for a full Job Description
Interested candidates should email their application to email@example.com
Your application should comprise of
- A full CV, including educational and professional qualifications, a full employment history showing the more significant positions, responsibilities held, and relevant achievements
- A covering note of not more than 1 page outlining your motivation for applying for the role.
- Links to portfolio of communications and media work
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted the week of the 23rd September to schedule interviews.
Due to high volumes of applications received, should you not have received feedback on your application within three weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
We reserve the right to withdraw any of our vacancies at any time.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about CIVICUS refer to www.civicus.org
For other opportunities in the NGO sector, refer to http://www.ngopulse.org/opportunities