Irene Homes is a nonprofit organisation working with mentally challenged women within a residential facility.
Irene Homes seek to appoint a Safety Officer.
The purpose of the position to facilitate compliance with occupational health and safety (OHS) guidelines on their premises in Irene, Centurion, to establish a safe workplace according to legal standards and foster a culture of attention to health and safety.
- Support the development of OHS policies and programs;
- Advise and instruct on various safety-related topics;
- Conduct risk assessments (HIRA) and enforce preventative measures;
- Review existing policies and measures and update according to legislation;
- Initiate and organize OHS training of employees, including First-Aid and Fire Training;
- Inspect premises and the work of personnel to identify issues or non-conformity (e.g. not using personal protective equipment);
- Oversee installations, maintenance, disposal of substances, vehicle and electrical safety, etc.;
- Assist with the planning, compilation, and compliance with Emergency planning for Institution;
- Prepare reports on occurrences and provide statistical information to management.
- Proven experience as Safety Officer;
- In-depth knowledge of legislation (e.g. OSHA/COID Act) and procedures;
- Knowledge of potentially hazardous materials and practices;
- Experience in writing reports and policies for health and safety;
- Familiarity with conducting data analysis and reporting statistics;
- Proficient in MS Office;
- Outstanding organizational skills;
- Diligent with great attention to detail;
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present and explain health and safety topics;
- Certificate or Diploma in occupational health and safety;
- South African citizen;
- Valid SA drivers license and experience in driving;
- Fire and First-Aid training will be advantageous.
Please send a Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate in your cover note in which media you first saw this advert - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about Irene Homes, refer to www.irenehomes.co.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies