Centre For Positive Care
The Centre for Positive Care (CPC) is a Non-Profit Organization working in three provinces namely Limpopo, Gauteng and North West, with a vision that all sex workers receive high-quality treatment, care and support to improving their quality of life and productivity, and supporting the National Strategic Plan of South Africa in reducing HIV, STI and TB and to ensure greater participation and involvement of targeted beneficiaries in community systems strengthening and reproductive health and rights services.
CPC seeks to appoint Four (4) Advocacy Officers to be based in the following districts: Greater Sekhukhune and Capricorn (Limpopo Province), West Rand (Gauteng) Province and Bojanala (North West Province).
The purpose of the pisition is to be responsible for the advocacy and engagement of stakeholders and players in the district around the needs and rights of sex workers and programme implementation. Along with the programme team, he/she will manage the engagement of stakeholders, sensitisation training, human rights defenders and the respective reporting on these issues.
- Social sciences degree, public health preferable
- Experience in advocating for minority sex work/KP health, social and legal rights
- Experience in SW programming beneficial
- Experience in conducting training
- Facilitation skills
- Computer literate in MW Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Report-writing skills
- Planning and organisational skills
- Good communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills, including being a team player
- Non-judgmental, trustworthy and empathetic personality
- Demonstrate strong professional attitude and behaviour at all times
- Ability to travel as and when required
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in lobbying/advocacy/human rights or programming in the public health or HIV field. To apply, submit your Cover letter, CV and certified qualifications not later than 3 months to email@example.com. And please note that late applications will not be considered.
- Please quote the source of this advertisement in your cover letter – NGO Pulse Portal
- For more about the Centre for Positive Care, visit centreforpositivecare.wordpress.com
Enquiries: 015 963 5076
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about the Centre for Positive Care, refer to centreforpositivecare.wordpress.com
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies