Cornerstone is an independent, not-for-profit higher education institution engaged in teaching and learning in service of others, to advance human dignity.
Cornerstone Institute seeksto appoint an Online Instructional Designer to be based in CBD, Cape Town.
Reports to: The Online Learning and Teaching Specialist
- A BA degree (A relevant NQF Level 7 qualification (NQF Level 8 would be a distinct advantage)
- An excellent command of the English language and ability to write and edit course material
- Familiarity with the online education sector
- Previous Experience working in a tertiary education environment
- Working knowledge of the South African Higher Education Environment
- Proven experience as an instructional designer and excellent knowledge of online pedagogy
- Knowledge of educational technology
- Prior experience working with tools such as Articulate Storyline, Xerte and Prezi would be an advantage. Graphic design experience would also be beneficial.
- Experience with the Sakai Virtual Learning Environment would be a distinct advantage (Funda)
- A high level of organisational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to motivate others
- Write and amend course content
- Work with subject matter experts from a variety of disciplines including education, psychology, sociology and theology to develop course content
- Design supporting multimodal material and practice exercises which enhance learning
- Apply best practice instructional design principles when creating course content and ensure alignment of learning outcomes and content.
- Maintain project documentation and course folders accurately.
- Work within deadlines and agreed timeframes
To apply please email your CV along with a covering letter to email@example.com.
In your covering letter please outline your suitability for the post.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about Cornerstone Institute, refer to https://cornerstone.ac.za/
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies