Pact, an international NGO based in Pretoria, seeks to employ Programme Manager to work within the Department of Social Development (DSD) for its USAID-funded Government Capacity Building Programme (GCBS).
Programme Manager will be based within DSD Provincial Office to provide day-to-day support for the implementation of the programme. This includes overseeing the roll out of the agreed upon programme work plan and related implementation plans at both national, provincial and district level. They will also assist with coordination and direct implementation of activities within the province and support communication between the programme and DSD by carrying out the following:
Key Functions but not limited to:
- Manage and oversee all programme activities and be a contact point for working groups based within the Provincial DSD office.
- Responsible for supporting the development, coordination and execution of programme deliverables, including planning, budgeting, work plans and monitoring processes.
- Participate in selected programme activities, offering technical support and direct intervention to the DSD provincial working groups as needed.
- Oversee GCBS related activities to Pact appointed district based coordinators.
- Ensures close collaboration and coordination between national and provincial DSD to guarantee smooth implementation of activities and achievement of results as specified in the work plan.
Minimum Educational Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work;
- 5 years of relevant experience in programme management and capacity building within social welfare and related organisations;
- Familiar with monitoring and evaluation tools and data for decision-making methodologies and an ability to coach others on these methodologies;
- Experience facilitating synchronisation and integration of policies and procedures between structures and organisations at local, provincial and district levels;
- Previous experience working with or within the South African Government, preferably at DSD or similar agency;
- Knowledge of participatory training approaches and methods;
- Strong team player with great interpersonal skills with an ability to navigate complex organisational structures and motivate people for programme participation;
- Excellent communication and writing skills with demonstrated experience in communicating complex processes to diverse stakeholders, including government officials at the national, provincial and/or district levels;
- Strong technical writing skills, development of reports and excellent presentation skills;
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of the MS Office package especially MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Access
- Must be a South African national with fluency in English and one local indigenous South African language
- Must be registered with the SACSSP
- Should be in possession of a valid South African driver’s license
- Must be willing to travel substantially
Only applicants possessing the prescribed minimum qualifications and experience are invited to submit their electronic CVs and application letters with a subject line “Name of Position and Province” to email@example.com
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
If you do not hear from us within 3 months, kindly accept that your application was unsuccessful.