AIDS Foundation of South Africa (AFSA)
FIXED TERM CONTRACT VACANCY
September 2019 – March 2022
The AIDS Foundation of South Africa (AFSA) is a Durban-based NGO that acts as an interface between Donors and Community Based Organisations (CBO’s) working in the HIV/AIDS sector by placing donor funds with strategically selected CBOs, in South Africa, and providing them with ongoing, technical support & capacity building.
The HIV Prevention Department is made up of a number of programmes that collectively aim to collective prevent the evolution of the HIV epidemic in South Africa. See the AFSA website for more information of each of the programmes (https://www.aids.org.za/programme/hiv-combination-prevention-programme/). AFSA wishes to appoint a suitably qualified individual to provide project implementation support for the SPSF program.
Roles and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Draft programme monthly reports
- Monitor and evaluated performance of grantees in relation to contracted obligations
- Review activities in relation to budget allocation
- Review grantees monthly programme narrative reports and summarise for Programme Coordinator
- Identify gaps in performance and report to Programme Coordination
- Provide programmatic admin support
- Conduct site visits with Programme Coordinator as and when necessary
- Assist with increasing profile of the programme
- Creating linkage with potential partners to grantees
- Provide ongoing support to grantees for technical assistance and capability building
- National Diploma or degree in related studies
- Minimum of 2 year in youth, community, health or development work
- Sound understanding of community development work and stakeholder engagement
- Experience writing narrative reports
- Creative and solution focused
- Quality focused
- Good record keeping and data management
- Driver’s license and confident driver – have Code 8 or 10 driver’s license for more than 2 years
- Confident presentation skills
- Time Management and ability to work independently
Interested persons need to submit a brief CV, along with cover letter and certified copies of certificates and ID with the reference “Junior Project Officer” in the subject line via emails to email@example.com no later than 28/08/2019.
Please note that applications received after this date or with missing information will not be considered. Alternatively you may apply directly on our website at https://www.aids.org.za/vacancies/
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted - should you not hear from us two week after closing date, you may consider your application unsuccessful. AFSA reserves the right not to make an appointment and/or to extend the closing date in order to facilitate further searches.
AFSA is an equal opportunity employer. We particularly encourage applications from people living with HIV and AIDS (PLWHA), people living with disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged people.
Competitive salary packages will be negotiable in accordance with AFSA’s remuneration policies.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to undergo a competency based assessment and driving assessment as part of the recruitment criteria.