Thabang Children’s Project
Thabang Children’s Project is operating through a Child & Youth Care Centre and a Drop in Centre. The beneficiaries are orphans and vulnerable children. Thabang aims to not only provide a safe and secure environment, but to also provide opportunities for the children to develop. This includes extra academic support outside of their schooling environments.
Thabang Children’s Project seeks to appoint an Educational Manager to be based in Thabazimbi, Limpopo.
Purpose of the position is to manage the team of staff and volunteers to implement a productive educational programme for all involved children. To provide all such children with the necessary resources and information for their academic development. The Educational Manager needs to be an innovative and resourceful person to guide the team to provide academic opportunities to underprivileged children.
Reports to: General Manager and Social Worker
- To meet the educational needs of the involved school learners (all ages.)
- To monitor and support teachers, volunteers and staff to provide an effective learning experience for the children
- To work in a team to provide a positive learning environment at the centres
- To be resourceful, creative and skilled with the relevant technology
- To network and liaise with the various schools which the children attend
- To create resources to benefit children with learning challenges
- To work in a team to support the holistic development of the children
- To continuously monitor the learners' performance on weekly tasks
- To report on all relevant activities
- Relevant teaching qualifications and experience
- Registration with SACE
- Managerial experience
- Driver’s licence with experience
- Willingness to work in an informal settlement as well
Submit your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to: 086 6672 992
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more information about Thabang Children’s Project, refer to www.thabang.org
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies