Axium Education and Public Schools Partnership Job Opportunity
Job Title: PSP Head of Schools
Start date: 1 January 2020 (or earlier if possible)
Remuneration: Matched to DBE Principal Scale, depending on experience.
Location: Willowvale emaJinqi.
Axium Education - under the auspices of the Public Schools Partnership, a new education partnership between public schools, private sector funders and non-profit organisations – is offering a unique opportunity to impact learning in South Africa’s rural schools, and is seeking experienced, dynamic individuals who have a track record of achievement in similar environments. At AmaJingqi PSP, Axium supports and partners with a community of eight schools, or 1500 learners.
The Head of Schools will be responsible for supporting eight principals, and ensuring that their schools deliver excellent education outcomes for rural children. He/she will need to work closely with District officials and a small team of Axium support staff to ensure the eight schools are supported and to drive accountability for school improvement.
Skills, Qualities and Experience:
- Qualified, SACE-registered educator
- A passion for educational change, rural schools and innovation
- Experience as a successful school leader, with evidence of real change made in schools
- Experience working within the Eastern Cape Department of Education, particularly in rural schools
- Evidence of successfully working with the ECDoE to obtain allocated resources for schools (e.g. scholar transport, textbooks, infrastructure)
- Strong relational and networking skills and fluency in isiXhosa
- Willingness to relocate and be based in a remote rural village (kuloJingqi, near Willowvale)
- Proactive and performance-orientated
- Flexibility and willingness to travel
The following will add to the candidate’s suitability, but is not required:
- Relevant Postgraduate degree
- Advanced computer literacy skills
- Experience supporting and developing SGBs
- Experience as an academic or instructional head, with evidence of improved learner performance
- Experience managing a multi-million rand budget
- Experience working in a start-up/entrepreneurial environment
To apply please email the following documentation
- Motivational letter (with track record)
- Certified copy of ID.
- Certified Copy of Qualifications obtained