Free State Rainbow Seeds
FSRS is a non-government (NGO), non-profit organisation (NPO). We redefine and set up local, provincial and national support networks to mobilise resources to address the specific need and interest of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) people. We facilitate the development and sustainability of safe spaces and support networks for LGBTI people to address their psychosocial needs. We also mobilise LGBTI community through social action, in order to e respond to hate crimes effectively based on gender and sexual orientation.
FSRS seeks to appoint members to serve as Board of Directors in a voluntary capacity and to be the custodians of FSRS's work, impact, sustainability and values by actively participating in the organization’s governance and leadership.
The purpose of the position is to be part of the board, you will provide strategic direction to FSRS by adopting strategic plans; determining policy and processes; ensuring the integrity of FSRS's risk management and internal controls; monitoring operational performance and management.
- Age – 35 to 60 years old
- Accounting qualifications
- Marketing & Communication qualifications
- And project management skills
Our Board of Directors must ensure that they have the time to devote to properly carry out their responsibilities and duties to FSRS.
- Annually revising and approving FSRS's strategic objectives for the year ahead
- Monitoring progress of FSRS towards achieving its objectives
- Monitoring the activities of the Executive Director to ensure that the operational policies are being followed in accordance with the constitution
- Engaging in decision making around policies that have a financial implication for the FSRS
- Sitting on one of the Board Sub-committees; Human Resources and Governance Committee or Audit, Risk and Sustainability Committee, Finance Committee and Fundraising
- Marketing FSRS to potential donors
- Exercising leadership, enterprise, integrity and judgment in directing FSRS so as to achieve continuing impact and sustainability for FSRS's work
- Acting independently of any outside fetter or instruction
The board meets four (4) times per year for 4 hours; at least once every three (3) months and at the written request of any two members of the Board.
A minimum of 2.5 hours to prepare for each meeting by reading and engaging with the meeting pack.
The quorum of a meeting shall be two-thirds of the Board. This may be made up of Board members present in person, or virtually or electronically present, and/or who vote electronically.
To apply, please send a statement of interest/motivation and your detailed CV to email@example.com with subject line Board Member
Please note that we will not process any application with no motivation of why you are interested to serve in our board.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about FSRS, refer to http://fs-rainbowseeds.org.za/npo/
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies