TB HIV Care
TB HIV Care is a non-profit company, providing free, comprehensive health services to communities nationwide. The organisation provides primary health care service delivery support through differentiated models of care, spanning first-line to advanced care and focuses on diagnosing and treating HIV and TB. The integration of service implementation, quality improvement activities and capacity building, up to provincial level, provide a stimulating work environment and a truly unique opportunity for new team members’ career development.
The successful incumbent will act as a technical specialist providing programmatic support across multiple districts in the Eastern Cape, spanning Amathole, Chris Hani and OR Tambo.
Ref No: RM/C&T-EC/0619
Position: Regional Manager
Period: Fixed term contract in line with funding
Salary: Market related
Area/location: Eastern Cape, Chris Hani - Queenstown
Purpose of the position:
- The Regional Manager will lead a dynamic team to provide operational management and technical support across all aspects of the Care and Treatment (C&T) programme.
- The focus is to provide direct service delivery implementation support in conjunction with technical assistance and evaluation of health interventions.
- The Regional Manager will ensure integrated TB and HIV screening, diagnosis, treatment and continuity of care to strengthen the health system.
- The incumbent will be experienced and well versed in both PEPFAR (CDC) initiatives and Department of Health (DOH) objectives.
- Master’s degree in Public Health (MPH) or equivalent post-graduate qualification
- Quality improvement (QI) qualification
- 10 years’ experience in a clinical management role within programme implementation
- Fluency in English and isiXhosa
- Valid Code 08 Driver’s licence
- Ability to travel within the three districts is essential
- Clear criminal record
Key Performance Areas:
1. Technical Support
- Advocate for integrated TB and HIV screening, diagnosis and treatment as well as continuity of care through universal test and treat (UTT); home-based services (HBS) and HIV self-screening (HSS); community-based ART initiation and adherence to antiretroviral therapy
- Adopt targeted screening for TB and STIs amongst high-risk populations
- Develop and coordinate the implementation of differentiated care models to strengthen the health system to achieve the global targets including 90-90-90 for HIV and TB, and 70-70-70 for STIs
- Collaborate with districts and province to ensure that health systems within the district address individual, family and community capacity to increase consumer awareness and behaviour change, and promote health, prevent diseases, and enhance the appropriate use of health services (including mental health, youth health, HIV and AIDS, TB and non-communicable diseases)
- Support the use of robust electronic data collection systems to assess the provision of health interventions
- Provide oversight to the advanced clinical care (ACC) programme
2. Quality Improvement Support
- Provide analysis and interpret data to identify opportunities for improvement
- Design, develop and monitor quality improvement (QI) projects in health facilities
- Lead and coordinate change initiatives
- Support reporting and project design through data
- Implement QI activities through close collaboration with a multidisciplinary team
- Ensure the team is adequately trained and resourced to meet objectives
- Perform annual performance appraisals
- Chair disciplinary enquiries
- Coach, mentor and develop team members
4. Administrative duties
- Submit monthly, interim and annual reports as per funder requirements
- Follow-up on the implementation of changes and comment on improvements, ensure continuous improvement
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- Conversant with South Africa’s National Strategic Plan on HIV, TB and STIs 2017–2022 (NSP) and the Treatment and Retention Acceleration Plan (TRAP)
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Office (MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint)
- Able to engage and work with diverse groups, while fostering collaborative relationships
- Ability to work independently, communicate technical issues effectively and persuasively, take initiative and manage a variety of activities concurrently
- A strong team player with excellent interpersonal, writing and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a high profile, fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge through training and mentoring
- Demonstrated ability to think analytically and take initiative in solving problems
Please apply via https://www.tbhivcare.org/vacancies/. Preference will be given to suitably qualified applicants who are members of the designated groups in line with the Employment Equity Plan and targets of TB HIV Care. We also encourage people with disabilities to apply.
In the event that you do not hear from us after a month from the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. TB HIV Care reserves the right to amend and/or withdraw adverts at any time without notification.