The E Labs Project Coordinator will be responsible for overall project co-ordination, administration of the E Labs programme within SA and Zambia (with other possibly to follow) supported by skilled technical teams and organisational infrastructure.
The incumbent will be responsible for coordination of laboratory team supporting the roll out of E Labs programme at clinical facility level. The candidate should have the ability to incrementally plan, organise, lead, project-manage, control, report and co-ordinate all programme activities in a complex environment, where the focus will be on capacitating clinical facilities to interact better with laboratories through electronic LIMS.
Key performance areas
- Work closely with SEAD field staff to support project-speciﬁc activities and deliverables
- Specifically coordinate, manage and monitor the work of Laboratory Advisors
- Track / monitor clinic- laboratory- interface (CLI) value chain related activities and information relevant to eLabs and prepare / present status reports.
- Analyze details related to facility monitoring data as presented by E Labs Dashboard and implement interventions as expected in the field
- Organize and facilitate team meetings with Lab advisors to communicate programme progress.
- Track facility visit reports as submitted by Laboratory Advisors
- Assist with preparation of E Labs- related training tools and presentations such as “Quick Guides” for facilities.
- Interact with internal and external stakeholders (Prime representatives at district level) to resolve laboratory matters with the necessary professionalism
- Together with Laboratory Services Director, participate in Management meetings with the various provincial Departments of Health (DoH) and prime / contractor as needed.
- Perform other related duties and administrative duties as assigned.
- Extensive travel across districts to support field staff: willingness and ability to spend significant amount of time in the field
Experience & Competencies
- Significant experience in a management position, managing complex programmes in the public health sector.
- Proven insights into clinic-laboratory-interface issues an advantage
- Well respected, motivated, ethical, innovative and an organised leader
- Strong communicator with the ability to foster teamwork
- Good analytical and strategic skills with project management and task completion skills
- Ability to interact constructively in a diverse cultural and ethnic environment
- Excellent relationship building skills and stakeholder development experience
- An eye for rigour and detail, with good data analysis, report writing and presentation skills
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the public health sector
- 3 to 5 Years Management Experience
- Tertiary qualification/degree in Project Management
Interested candidates can e-mail their CV' to Vacancies@sead.co.za