Engage Men's Health (EMH)
OUT LGBT Well-Being provides health services to Men who have sex with Men (MSM) and as part of a new health program, we offer the following position:
- The Peer Manager will report directly to the Site Coordinator
HOURS OF WORK
- Hours will depend on operational needs, will not exceed the recommended working hours as per the Basic Conditions of Employment
KEY JOB PURPOSE
- Manage Outreach Teams aligned with funder targets and SOPs to ensure access of quality health services by MSM aligned with the 90 – 90 – 90 Continuum of Care.
- Manage and provide guidance to the Outreach teams in delivering services to the community;
- Ensure that teams are fully staffed;
- Ensure all logistics for daily mobile service delivery;
- Manage performance evaluations of all peers;
- Manage the mapping of MSM spaces to be attended by the teams;
- Manage daily and weekly rostering and ensure that Peer Coordinators adhere to that;
- Ensure that teams are well trained on the Data Management SOPs and adhere to that;
- Identify training needs among the teams for the benefit of the project;
- Manage submissions of weekly and monthly reports
- Ensure that enough stock of IEC materials, condoms and lubes;
- Manage weekly quality improvement meetings and efforts to reach targets
- Ensure quality control of daily data;
- Verify daily data submission from the Peer Coordinators prior submitting to the Data Coordinator;
- Represent the organisation in a variety of public settings to increase awareness
- Liaise with ad-hoc coordinator on all other initiatives to reach targets
QUALIFICATIONS, REQUIREMENTS AND EXPERIENCE
- Relevant qualifications and Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a managerial level and working in NGO Sector, within MSM and related programmes
- Proficiency in MS Office;
- Have a valid driver’s license with PDP
- Be target driven
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Key Populations
- Good facilitation and communication (both verbal and written) skills
- Must be able to maintain private and confidential information
- Excellent presentation and reporting skills
- Proactive and problem resolution skills
- Good report writing skills
- Ability to manage teams that are diverse culturally, racially and which is accepting of gender diversity
- Be informative and knowledgeable and able to communicate on the topics of STIs, PrEP and Referral for HTS.
Strong preference will be given to members from our target group
Engage Men’s Health reserves the right not to make this appointment.
Please only submit Application letter and 3 page (max) CV, without supporting documents.
Applications can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only candidates who meets requirements will be contacted for the interviews.