IRD SA NPC
Interactive Research and Development South Africa (IRD SA) is a South African Section 21 not-for-profit entity and an affiliate of Interactive Research and Development Global (IRD Global Limited), a global health care delivery and research organization headquartered in Singapore with service delivery and technical assistance experience in over 15 countries. IRD has fully operational offices in Johannesburg (Gauteng) and in Durban (KwaZulu-Natal).
IRD SA seeks to appoint a Finance and Administration Manager, to be based in Johannesburg.
The purpose of the Finance and Administration Manager is to oversee the budgets, preparing accounts; and take overall control of IRD SA’s accounting function.
- Coordinate, analyze and report the financial performance to Management and Board of Directors (financial performance, projections and other special projects as required);
- Ensure that IRD SA’s financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities, ensure future growth and cost efficiency;
- Provide guidance to project team members regarding financial requirements of the project and office operations in accordance to USAID guidelines
- Lead and development, monitoring and review of project budgets, review monthly financial analysis of budget vs expense.
- Provide overall financial management of IRD SA office; This includes preparing annual financial budgets and statements which should be as per International Accounting Standards;
- Prepare short and long-term financial forecasts of financial performance for use with internal management and external clients (e.g. donors);
- Develop and maintain sound financial management and internal control systems in line with donor (USAID)and government of South Africa rules and regulations and IRD Global policies and procedures;
- Ensure that financial reporting is in accordance with donor contractual requirements;
- Manage departmental budgets and provide regular and timely financial expenditure reports for the organization and departments;
- Facilitate the work of external audits and ensure that financial records are properly maintained.
- Oversee the monitoring and annual auditing for cost-share requirements
- Ensure that USAID resources are correctly directed and are in line with project work plans.
- Produce project quarterly forecast reports and submit to donors;
- Monitor and review consortium partner monthly expense reports;
- Ensure compliance with South African Revenue Service (SARS) laws and maintain financial files and support annual audits.
- Develop policies and procedures for the Finance Department
- Ensure compliance of direct and indirect taxes
- Review all payments for correctness , reasonableness and ensure timely payments to vendors and employees
- Bachelor’s degree in Financial management, Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or other relevant field, or a Bachelor’s or Certified Accounting degree
- 5 years of relevant development financial working experience;
- Ten years accounting, operations and financial management of large-scale, complex, international development assistance programs;
- Demonstrated supervisory experience, interpersonal skills and team building experience;
- Familiarity with international donor financial reporting and compliance requirements; contracts management.
- Knowledge of USG cost principals, including USAID regulations, GAAP accounting rules and grants
- Demonstrated experience and skills in developing and managing large budgets;
- Proficiency in relevant computer applications and databases; and
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- South African candidates will be preferable;
- A valid driver’s license.
To apply, submit two current, relevant employment references, brief CV and supporting documents, indicating the job title in your cover letter and subject line on email to Human Resources @ fax +27(0)865722820 or e-mail email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
IRD SA is an equal opportunity employer.
For more about Interactive Research and Development South Africa, refer to www.irdresearch.org
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies