Communication Advocacy Project
Job title: Digital Advocacy Coordinator
Managed by: Strategic Communication Lead
Duration: 6 months
Salary: R26 000 per month
Working Hours: 3 - 4 days a week
HOW TO APPLY
To apply please complete our application form fully as we do not review cover letters and CVs.
Alternatively, download the application form, complete it and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for application is 30 August 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
WHO WE ARE
We are an experimental and social justice-oriented strategic communications agency that partners with civil society organisation to strategically and responsibly use research, media, communications, data and technology to advance social change.
As a collective of irreverent strategic thinkers and skilled doers, we use local insights and technical expertise guided by feminist ethics to advance work rooted in equity, access and justice.
We’re looking for a self-starter who demonstrates a high degree of proactivity, works well in a collaborative environment, and is comfortable mobilizing and inspiring communities to take action. The Digital Advocacy Coordinator will bee responsible for supporting our partners with digital advocacy strategies and digital content to ensure that our partners’ issues are top of mind for policymakers at local and national level.
This role requires strong organization skills, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work manage information and relationships across units that are geographically separated. The ideal candidate will have strong digital advocacy skills and experience.
- Strategize with Strategic Communication Lead and partner organisation on engaging target audiences on various digital platforms from email to social media to mobile/SMS.
- Manage the digital execution of our partner’s grassroots advocacy efforts. Key campaign tactics will include email, petitions, social media, mobile, content marketing and more
- Lead the creation of all communications regarding our partner’s work, including drafting copy for outgoing content and petition alerts
- Document digital advocacy procedures and processes.
- Ensure that project communications are timely, relevant and accurate, including regular status updates.
- Analyze campaigns and translate anecdotal or qualitative data into recommendations and plans for revising social media, content marketing, SEO and social advertising campaigns.
- Analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results.
- Create, curate, and manage all published content (images, video, written and audio/podcast).
- Conduct online advocacy and open a stream for cross-promotions.
- Develop and expand community and/or influencer outreach efforts.
- Oversee design (ie: Social media graphics for Facebook cover, profile pic, thumbnails, ads, landing pages, Twitter profile, Blog, etc.).
- Design, create and manage promotions and social ad campaigns, being sure to integrate with partner’s overall advocacy campaign plan and channels.
- Compile reports for management showing results (ROI).
For more information about Communication Advocacy Project go to: www.commsadvocacy.co.za