Habitat for Humanity South Africa
Habitat for Humanity South Africa is non- profit organisation breaking the cycle of poverty through participatory development, advocacy and awareness, is looking for Resource Development Specialist to be based at Western Cape in Habitat For Humanity Pinelands head office.
Habitat for Humanity South Africa seeks to appoint a Resource Development Specialist to be based in Western Cape.
Remuneration: Market related remuneration
The purpose of the position is to undertake fundraising activities within the corporate, trusts and foundations income groups, together with growing individuals as a viable income stream. The ability to undertake grant management, business plan development and applications will also be required.
- Identify and respond to grant and funding opportunities and maintain a grant and funding tracking matrix as well as a grants database.
- Identify, pursue and obtain ongoing and new sources of community support from corporates, trusts and foundations, and individuals
- Undertake 90-day follow up calendar for submitted proposals
- Undertake grant writing research, activities and solicitation of grants and ensure timely and complete submissions
- Coordinate with finance and program staff to assess donor needs for grant requests and develop grant and funding budgets
- Adhere to the grant calendar, reporting and deliverables
- Monitor and follow up on the status of approaches to donors and pledges, to improve donor servicing and prepare forecasts of contributions, analyses and trends
- Stakeholder relations management
- Develop and maintain relations with local donors; foster a comprehensive, consistent
- Keep abreast with interests of individual, corporate, trusts, and foundation donors,
- Initiate contacts and develop concepts that would interest donors in supporting HFH South Africa’s work.
- Provide weekly donor engagement reports to the Resource Development and Stakeholder Relations Manager
- Personal leadership
- Contributing to HFH South Africa’s Resource Development team in implementing fundraising and partnership resource development activities,
- Implement individual giving, corporates, trusts and foundations work plans
- Monitor donor policies, in alignment with the International Development Collaboration Handbook
- Undertake the implementation of fundraising tools, programme funding requirement documents, partner updates, donor reports for HFHSA donors.
- Undertake monthly donor research and mapping of funding opportunities, together with the registration for funding calls with various donors.
- Re-engage existing donors and recruit new donors in the individual, corporate and trusts space.
- Build Events Marketing
- Participate in the selling of all Build Events
- Follow up after the build events ensure that the donors have received their thank you letters, Section 18 A certificates, participate in ceremonies for handover of houses and continued links between donors and homeowners with the Resources Development Management and Stakeholder Relations team.
Required qualifications and experience
- University degree in public relations, communications, business administration, international development, marketing or related field.
- A Master’s degree is an advantage
- Professional certification or other specific training in resource mobilization and stakeholder relations
- At least 5-10 years’ experience in fundraising in the income streams of individual giving, corporates, trusts and foundations in a NGO or Not-For-Profit, INGO or development agency.
- Demonstrated experience of working with the donor industry, government and corporate sector
- Demonstrated experience preparing and writing grant proposals and reporting on same
- Demonstrated creativity and success in resource mobilization.
- Sound strategic acumen, with a good understanding of the broader developmental context to ensure the development of appropriate fundraising interventions
- Proven ability to plan, prioritise and manage multiple projects (large and small) combined with good time management
- Proven ability to writing proposals
- Excellent ability to analyse situations with strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Good communication skills in English – written and verbal – and able to communicate effectively across diverse groups, at different levels, and in different cultural settings.
- Excellent research, information management and networking skills.
- Good knowledge of fundraising approaches
- Database usage and management
- Good understanding of social media and digital methods of reaching varied stakeholder groups and the general public
- Understanding of donor requirements for relationship building and grant reporting
- Alignment with and a commitment to model and articulate Habitat’s Core Values
- Willing to uphold Christian principles of HFH South Africa.
- Enthusiastic commitment to Habitat International vision, mission, purposes, goals, including leading Habitat’s ‘God at the Centre’ process
How to apply:
- Interested candidates must send their CVs with covering letter attached, certified copies their qualifications and other relevant documents to: email@example.com
- Contact will only be made with shortlisted candidate.
- Please consider your application unsuccessful if you don’t hear from us within three months after the closing date.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about Habitat for Humanity South Africa, refer to https://habitat.org.za/
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies