Adonis Musati Project (AMP)
The Adonis Musati Project (AMP) is an NGO based in Wynberg working with refugees and asylum seekers.
AMP seeks to appoint a full time qualified financial accountant to be based in Cape Town
Reports to: Finance Manager
- Prepare, verify, and process invoices and coding payment documents in accordance with funder/donor requirements.
- Full responsibility for accounts to trial balance level
- End of month trial balance review and sign off including ad hoc journal entries
- Review of all transactions captured by bookkeeper to ensure accuracy and correct donor allocation
- Donor management – allocating expenses to donors accurately, managing donor budgets and updating regularly
- Petty cash and operational advance disbursement and reconciliation.
- Process payments timeously and accurately through Standard Bank Business Online and Standard Bank Instant Money adhering to funder bank mandates
- Responsible for all tax matters – PAYE, UIF, VAT, COIDA and Income Tax
- Full payroll function from recording travel expenses and other ad hoc items to preparing payslips, making salary payments and monthly reporting to regulatory authorities
- Assist with preparation of management, donor and board reports and ad hoc analysis.
- Maintain finance files to ensure that they are audit ready – for funders and external auditors.
- Coordinating annual audit, liaising with auditors and audit preparation
- Relevant BCom or similar accounting qualification
- Minimum 5 years experience in an accounting role
- Experience and knowledge of working with donor funds will be an advantage
- Knowledge of accounting software packages essential (SAGE One an advantage)
- Advanced Excel skills required
- Sound understanding of VAT, PAYE and company statutory requirements
- Attention to detail, organised and accurate
- Ability to work independently but be a teamplayer, to take initiative and to manage multiple tasks and projects at a time
- Eager and willing to add to their knowledge base and skills
- Willingness to embrace the organisations culture and ethos
To apply, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org – Please put ‘Financial Accountant’ as the subject for your application.
When applying please put your intro / cover letter in the body of the email and include the following information:
- Why you would be interested in this role
- Current salary or salary expectation
- Notice period
Your application will not be considered if any of the above information is missing. Should you not receive a response within 2 weeks of submitting your application, please accept it as unsuccessful.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about the Adonis Musati Project, refer to www.adonismusatiproject.org